Help with IPCT store Camera

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Mike, I received the IPCT-1 4MP-B1 from you last week and am trying to set it up now. Nice looking little camera and delivered in just four days. Thanks.
This cam has a built-in microphone and I have a need for that. This is the third mic equipped cam I've tried (unsuccessfully). I'm hoping this one will work.
Initially had some difficulty with the port address. The little folder that came with it shows the IP should have been 192.168.10.13 but wasn't. Using the "arp -a" command in Win7 I found 192.168.1.50 and used that to get into the camera to set it to it's new ip (10.0.0.8). Don't know if that'll be useful to anyone or not
That allowed me to successfully enter the camera and that appears to be normal. But when trying to enter thru BI (v 3.66), I get the display "No Signal - RTSP:401 Client Unauthorized". Of course, that stops the display for the camera. I assume the :401 is an error number but I'm unable to confirm or use that info.
I've searched for the last couple of days but haven't found an solution, so if anyone can pass one on I'd sure appreciate it. Mike

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, I received the IPCT-1 4MP-B1 from you last week and am trying to set it up now. Nice looking little camera and delivered in just four days. Thanks.
This cam has a built-in microphone and I have a need for that. This is the third mic equipped cam I've tried (unsuccessfully). I'm hoping this one will work.
Initially had some difficulty with the port address. The little folder that came with it shows the IP should have been 192.168.10.13 but wasn't. Using the "arp -a" command in Win7 I found 192.168.1.50 and used that to get into the camera to set it to it's new ip (10.0.0.8). Don't know if that'll be useful to anyone or not
That allowed me to successfully enter the camera and that appears to be normal. But when trying to enter thru BI (v 3.66), I get the display "No Signal - RTSP:401 Client Unauthorized". Of course, that stops the display for the camera. I assume the :401 is an error number but I'm unable to confirm or use that info.
I've searched for the last couple of days but haven't found an solution, so if anyone can pass one on I'd sure appreciate it. Mike
This is a uniview camera. Is there a uniview option in the dropdown for 3.66? 3.66 was released in 2014 and in now 8 years old and out of date. The camera audio may not be supported at all. We are now on Blue Iris 5 that itself is 3 years old released in May 2019. You will likely need to upgrade BI. That version support onvif find inspect. Ensure you have onvif enabled in the camera then try to use find inspect.

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. As you suggested there is no Uniview option listed in the find/inspect dropdown in 3.66 but I figured that since my BI is outdated and will need to be replaced that I would just mess around with the camera to see what would happen. And darned if I didn't find the solution!

In the camera's settings I selected Setup>Security>Network Security>Authentication> and changed RTSP
Authentication
from Digest to None. As soon as I reloaded BI the camera picture appeared. Hope this will help someone else that's still using the older versions.
The microphone still has to be setup, but I'm hoping it will work. If not, I'll be coming back here for guidance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman. As you suggested there is no Uniview option listed in the find/inspect dropdown in 3.66 but I figured that since my BI is outdated and will need to be replaced that I would just mess around with the camera to see what would happen. And darned if I didn't find the solution!

In the camera's settings I selected Setup>Security>Network Security>Authentication> and changed RTSP
Authentication
from Digest to None. As soon as I reloaded BI the camera picture appeared. Hope this will help someone else that's still using the older versions.
The microphone still has to be setup, but I'm hoping it will work. If not, I'll be coming back here for guidance.
The dropdown and find inspect are two distinct options. The find inspect will attempt to use the onvif protocol and you may get sound. The upgrade to V5 is 35 dollars. Dont understand why you are wasting so much time and refusing to update. There are literally hundreds of improvements. While port forwarding is always a bad idea, certainly you should not be port forwarding this install as it is a security risk.

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The dropdown and find inspect are two distinct options. The find inspect will attempt to use the onvif protocol and you may get sound. The upgrade to V5 is 35 dollars. Dont understand why you are wasting so much time and refusing to update. There are literally hundreds of improvements. While port forwarding is always a bad idea, certainly you should not be port forwarding this install as it is a bad security risk.

Fenderman: I'm aware that the dropdown and find inspect are two distinct options. I am vaguely familiar with the term "onvif protocol" but have not been able to find where it is. Would you be good enough to tell me where in a camera's settings I will find it so I may ensure that it is enabled? i've been looking, but unsuccessfully.
I also am very aware that "port forwarding" is an absolute no-no. I've read your comments regarding that for several years and would never knowingly use it. However, I've never read an explanation from you just what it is in terms that I might understand so I can assure that I'm not doing it. Could you please explain what you saw in my previous posts that told you I was "port forwarding" so I might make the necessary corrections?

I, like most of the other folks here, come to your forum to learn and get advice and assistance for their camera problems. The reason I haven't upgraded BI has nothing to do with the cost. I think BI is a great piece of software and worth many times what is being asked for it. Some years ago Ken helped me get started with my original simple setup and headed me in the right direction. I'll always be grateful.
But, as you say "There are literally hundreds of improvements" in the upgrades, the vast majority of which I will not have need of nor time to learn.
I am 92 years old and learning something new that is as complicated, detailed and large as BI is, is very difficult for me. If I had wanted to be a professional CCTV person, as you apparently are, I would have started many years ago. As it is, this is just a part-time hobby to help me keep interested in living.
Any assistance you care to render is much appreciated.
Thank you.

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman: I'm aware that the dropdown and find inspect are two distinct options. I am vaguely familiar with the term "onvif protocol" but have not been able to find where it is. Would you be good enough to tell me where in a camera's settings I will find it so I may ensure that it is enabled? i've been looking, but unsuccessfully.
I also am very aware that "port forwarding" is an absolute no-no. I've read your comments regarding that for several years and would never knowingly use it. However, I've never read an explanation from you just what it is in terms that I might understand so I can assure that I'm not doing it. Could you please explain what you saw in my previous posts that told you I was "port forwarding" so I might make the necessary corrections?

I, like most of the other folks here, come to your forum to learn and get advice and assistance for their camera problems. The reason I haven't upgraded BI has nothing to do with the cost. I think BI is a great piece of software and worth many times what is being asked for it. Some years ago Ken helped me get started with my original simple setup and headed me in the right direction. I'll always be grateful.
But, as you say "There are literally hundreds of improvements" in the upgrades, the vast majority of which I will not have need of nor time to learn.
I am 92 years old and learning something new that is as complicated, detailed and large as BI is, is very difficult for me. If I had wanted to be a professional CCTV person, as you apparently are, I would have started many years ago. As it is, this is just a part-time hobby to help me keep interested in living.
Any assistance you care to render is much appreciated.
Thank you.

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the microphone to record (and then playback with the video) but there are so many possible settings on both the cam and BI that I'm just "shootin' in the dark". I need to get headed in the right direction. The mic works. When in "Live View" in the camera it will play back the noise it hears over the computer's accessory speakers. The next thing is to get it to record with the video stream.
Anyone have any suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes it is easier to just delete the camera and add it again than to try to chase something wonky that deleting and re-adding fixes.

Make sure to enable direct to disc and audio at the beginning.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This will never work. You need the software to support audio from the camera either via onvif or via a selection from the dropdown menu. You can mess with the settings all day, not going to solve your problem. As I said before, you need to enable onvif in the camera they do a find inspect, you must try all the uniview options in the dropdown. Otherwise you need to upgrade the 8 year old software.

kalecocat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I was pretty well convinced earlier that I was going to have to upgrade, but I needed to try everything possible before doing so. Mostly I needed someone knowledgeable to show me the correct settings on the Audio tab/page. Thanks Sebastian.
I guess the "port forwarding" Fenderman was trying to get thru my head was the "None" instead of "Digest" I selected for the "RTSP Authentication" box in the camera (I've been reading). Have I got that right Fenderman??
And thanks wittaj for the advice re: "direct to disk". In my concern over the audio I had completely forgotten it.
The upgrade is a pretty big deal for me, lots of stuff to learn and relearn. Not looking forward to it. I'm already tired just thinking about it!! If I could hire someone to do it for me, I would!

I bought this camera from the IPCT store specifically so I would get better help and assistance when setting it up (and I have). I've started another small thread asking Mike for the "Uniview Retail Model" number for this camera. The Uniview website apparently has downloads for their various cameras but the number is needed to select the correct one. I've managed to keep digital and printed manuals for all my stuff so I don't have to remember all the details. It's kind of hard to remember so much info when I might not use it for 3 or 4 years at a time.
Well, it's way past this old guys bedtime, so I'm gone for today.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I was pretty well convinced earlier that I was going to have to upgrade, but I needed to try everything possible before doing so. Mostly I needed someone knowledgeable to show me the correct settings on the Audio tab/page. Thanks Sebastian.
I guess the "port forwarding" Fenderman was trying to get thru my head was the "None" instead of "Digest" I selected for the "RTSP Authentication" box in the camera (I've been reading). Have I got that right Fenderman??
And thanks wittaj for the advice re: "direct to disk". In my concern over the audio I had completely forgotten it.
The upgrade is a pretty big deal for me, lots of stuff to learn and relearn. Not looking forward to it. I'm already tired just thinking about it!! If I could hire someone to do it for me, I would!

I bought this camera from the IPCT store specifically so I would get better help and assistance when setting it up (and I have). I've started another small thread asking Mike for the "Uniview Retail Model" number for this camera. The Uniview website apparently has downloads for their various cameras but the number is needed to select the correct one. I've managed to keep digital and printed manuals for all my stuff so I don't have to remember all the details. It's kind of hard to remember so much info when I might not use it for 3 or 4 years at a time.
Well, it's way past this old guys bedtime, so I'm gone for today.
Port forwarding is not related to this issue at all. You should not be port forwarding the camera. You will not find the solution in the uniview manual. The camera works perfectly. You need to try the two options I suggested or upgrade.