Help with IP camera I tried to change IP address on.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I need someone A LOT smarter then me to help! So I have some experience with cameras and I bought a new one as a spare and wanted to change the IP address which is fairly simply by using the camera software using the IP address to get in. All that was fine and then I changed the IP to 192.168.1.80 and after that the problems started. It seems that IP address is used alraedy, not sure if it is used just in my computer or the internet but after I changed it I can not get in to the camera, when I type the IP address 192.168.1.80 in to my browser it comes up with some Microsoft page as pictured and I can not get to the cmaera to change the IP address to something else. It is a Dahua camera and I can no longer get in to the software due to the IP conflict. I tried to reset the cmaera with the reset button but that does not change the IP address back to the default one it had when I got it so no help there. Can anyone help? Thanks, Adam

Attachments

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I just had a thought, I will hook the camera up directly to my PC without internet, hopefully that will work.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes you can do that

If you camera has 192.168.1.80 just give yourself 192.168.1.81 plugged directly into the camera, and you should be able to hit it no problem

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I plugged the camera directly in to my computer but it times out when looking for 192.168.1.80. I know the device is live and works because my phone has an app I installed called FING which searches and sees all the IP devices on my network (but the app can't change an IP) and the app sees the camera and IP address. Anything else I can try? Thanks for anyone who can help. Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, no static IP that I ever set up but I have 6 other Dahua SAME cameras and I simply type their IP addresses in to the browser and get in immedtiatly. For some reason 192.168.1.80 is a problem here and I need to figure out how to change it. The default IP was 192.168.1.108 and it worked fine until I changed it to.80. I have done these with many cameras over the yaers and never a problem.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you are connecting your camera directly to your computer, you will most likely need to set a static IP as I bet your current PC gets its IP from DHCP, and when you disconnect it from your router/gateway, you then do not have access to that DHCP lease. Give yourself a static of 192.168.1.81 then try get to the camera with it plugged directly in

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, I can't get in to the camera now. so not sure exactly what you are telling me to try, sorry? Adam

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
On your computer, plug the camera directly into the PC with an ethernet cable

Then on your PC, give the computer a static IP address of 192.168.1.81 with a 255.255.255.0 netmask, gateway can be whatever, enter 192.168.1.1

Now, the camera is disconnected from the rest of the network so there will not be an IP conflict. So now you should be able to get to 192.168.1.80 so you can login and change it

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or do a factory reset of the camera to get it back to the original IP address and start over.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, factory reset does not set the IP address back to default sadly....This is back to irealllikepizza2, I am not saying my PC is set to ann IP of 192.168.1.80, I am not sure what the conflict is? Adam

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Really - every factory reset I have ever done on an IP camera defaults it back to the original IP address. You sure you are not doing a soft reset...

What camera is this that does not factory reset back to the default IP address?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
With the camera plugged in to the PC, the PC needs an IP address set for the NIC card in the PC. Look in control panel, network and internet, Then click view network status and tasks. Then click on change adapter settings in the left column. From there right click on the appropriate network interface and select properties. Then click on Internet Protocol Version 4. In that window set an IP address other than 192.168.1.80

To do a factory reset hold the reset button of the camera down for about 15 seconds with power applied. That will reset the camera totally to factory default including the IP address.

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, tried the reset, will be back in an hour and try again. Thanks, Adam

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, tried the reset again and this time it worked. Changed IP to one with NO conflicts and all works fine. You are a good bunch of people, thanks for all helping! Adam