Help with Hikvision 7616 NVR screen capture

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision 7616NI-K2/16P with firmware 3.4.98 build 171121. Connected cameras are Hikvision 5.1MP IP bullets.
I have the latest manual I could find from the download portal. (Baseline_User Manual of Network Video Recorder_V3.4.92_20170207.pdf)
I select Menu>Playback, select a camera,date and the footage loads.
I'm trying to find the Capture Picture icon (camera icon) as seen on page 120 of the manual (next to the clipping icon).
It's not there. What am I missing?
I've looked around the forums and can't find a similar issue.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

username

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 7716. With NVR set to playback of camera, in lower left of screen I have a bunch of icons (widgets). One of them is an image of a camera, or capture. I haven't done this in awhile but believe I must first insert a usb stick into NVR. Then capture (I think one of those widgets is for defining time range). When capture is stopped there is a popup menu to save to usb stick. Not sure this is the same for your 7616 but check the bottom left of playback screen - maybe what you are seeking is found there.

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a 7716. With NVR set to playback of camera, in lower left of screen I have a bunch of icons (widgets). One of them is an image of a camera, or capture. I haven't done this in awhile but believe I must first insert a usb stick into NVR. Then capture (I think one of those widgets is for defining time range). When capture is stopped there is a popup menu to save to usb stick. Not sure this is the same for your 7616 but check the bottom left of playback screen - maybe what you are seeking is found there.
Thanks for your reply. I do have a USB stick inserted and have no problems exporting footage with the clipping option>file management. The playback menu from the manual is different to the one on my NVR. I'll try get an image uploaded soon as I have access to the NVR again. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.