Help with Day/Night setting

chyatt21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 Hikvision Z12E cameras for liscense plate capture. They both "HAD" the same settings in the profile tab of (Day/Night). While one camera would switch from day to night and vise versa, the other would not.
The pictures below is how I have them set now after adjusting them. Hopefully this works. I will update.

Do these settings seem correct?
What is the difference between the General profile and the Day/Night profile?

Device Type IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E
System Version V2.800.0000000.20.R, Build Date: 2020-09-03

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Um, that is the Dahua camera, not a Hikvision...

General stays on the same settings 24/7 which usually will not work for plates. You need a fast shutter at night to capture plates (1/2,000)

You need to use this utility written by a member here that correctly adjusts Dahua cameras. The day/night and just general profile of these cameras do not work as intended, and for plate reading it is a must since the fast shutter results in a black image at night and the only reliable way to get the focus set correctly is by this utility. Or you set up a schedule in the camera but you will have to adjust several times a year as the sunrise and sunset changes. It needs to be able to focus on something with daylight still.

chyatt21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Um, that is the Dahua camera, not a Hikvision...

General stays on the same settings 24/7 which usually will not work for plates. You need a fast shutter at night to capture plates (1/2,000)

You need to use this utility written by a member here that correctly adjusts Dahua cameras. The day/night and just general profile of these cameras do not work as intended, and for plate reading it is a must since the fast shutter results in a black image at night and the only reliable way to get the focus set correctly is by this utility. Or you set up a schedule in the camera but you will have to adjust several times a year as the sunrise and sunset changes. It needs to be able to focus on something with daylight still.

Yes Dahua, I got them confused. The shutter is set to 1/2000. The other camera is dialed in pretty well. Although the I matched the settings exactly it still is acting up. Thank you for the general, day/night info. That make more sense to me know. I will use the utility. Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That utility should take care of the problem you are having!