Help With "Choppy" Audio

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hard as I may try I cannot resolve an issue with choppy audio from one camera. I've searched the forum and also came up empty handed.

I'm using an SV3C model SD7 wireless PTZ. When viewing/listening via BI, the audio is a worthless "chop chop chop" sound. But when I connect to the camera using the same PC using a Chrome browser the audio sounds great?

I have another wireless camera with audio that has works fine in BI and comparing the settings between the two cams all looks correct. I have tried changing some of the audio settings and the stream profiles for the audio, but still no bueno. The wireless signal from the camera is very good.

Wondering if I may be missing something or if anyone has suggestions?

BI v.5.5.9.5 x64
Win10 PC

Thanks for the help.

Shawn

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wireless and PTZ are also not a good combination...Even if you have a strong connection, it is problematic.

Cameras connected to Wifi routers (whether wifi or not) are problematic for surveillance cameras because they are always streaming and passing data. And the data demands go up with motion and then you lose signal. A lost packet and it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your entire system.

Unlike Netflix and other streaming services that buffer a movie, these cameras do not buffer up part of the video, so drop outs are frequent. You would be amazed how much streaming services buffer - don't believe me, start watching something and unplug your router and watch how much longer you can watch NetFlix before it freezes - mine goes 45 seconds. Now do the same with a camera connected to a router and it is fairly instantaneous (within the latency of the stream itself)...

The same issue applies even with the hard-wired cameras trying to send all this non-buffer video stream through a router. Most consumer grade wifi routers are not designed to pass the constant video stream data of cameras, and since they do not buffer, you get these issues. The consumer routers are just not designed for this kind of traffic, even a GB speed router.

So the more cameras you add, the bigger the potential for issues.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the recorded video/audio in BI also sound Chop. chop. chop?
Yes, the recorded audio sounds just the same. Thanks for thinking about trying an earlier rev to BI, hadn't thought of that. Sadly it didn't correct the audio either.

Very much appreciated!

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for making the time to reply.

Six of my eight cams are via cat6, only two are wifi. The thing is, the audio from the subject camera is great using just a browser or the manufacturers app. The bad audio is isolated to BI and only BI. I had previously unplugged the other wifi cam before I realized it was isolated to BI thinking the same issues you describe might have been the problem. Hence the mystery.

Wireless and PTZ are also not a good combination...Even if you have a strong connection, it is problematic.

Cameras connected to Wifi routers (whether wifi or not) are problematic for surveillance cameras because they are always streaming and passing data. And the data demands go up with motion and then you lose signal. A lost packet and it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your entire system.

Unlike Netflix and other streaming services that buffer a movie, these cameras do not buffer up part of the video, so drop outs are frequent. You would be amazed how much streaming services buffer - don't believe me, start watching something and unplug your router and watch how much longer you can watch NetFlix before it freezes - mine goes 45 seconds. Now do the same with a camera connected to a router and it is fairly instantaneous (within the latency of the stream itself)...

The same issue applies even with the hard-wired cameras trying to send all this non-buffer video stream through a router. Most consumer grade wifi routers are not designed to pass the constant video stream data of cameras, and since they do not buffer, you get these issues. The consumer routers are just not designed for this kind of traffic, even a GB speed router.

So the more cameras you add, the bigger the potential for issues.

ShawnInPaso

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Problem solved. I found some software named "client plus" by the camera maker. I installed it on my BI PC and the audio is fine now (presuming it installed a DLL or some such thing?).

I am grateful for your time and help gentleman.

Shawn

yeme

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Problem solved. I found some software named "client plus" by the camera maker. I installed it on my BI PC and the audio is fine now (presuming it installed a DLL or some such thing?).

I am grateful for your time and help gentleman.

Shawn
Could you provide the link to the “client plus” software? I am having a similar problem.

sdbyrd

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also looking for this "client plus" software. My EmpireTech camera audio is fine through its own web player, but BlueIris audio is very choppy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for this "client plus" software. My EmpireTech camera audio is fine through its own web player, but BlueIris audio is very choppy.
Dont install anything. Wont resolve the issue. Are you seeing choppiness in the audio received or talk audio? is it on the mobile app or pc?