Help with BI PTZ resume after moving camera via GUI manually

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mine goes back to whatever PTZ preset it is at that time I am doing it. Is the box checked at the bottom on yours?

1692324553555.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is strange. Let me look back at mine and see if there is something else I am forgetting. But I do not recall having to set anything up for it to do that.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is strange. Let me look back at mine and see if there is something else I am forgetting. But I do not recall having to set anything up for it to do that.
I remember dealing with this issue a couple of years ago, exact issue, but I'd forgotten about it until I'm at the point of wanting to make this work now. I even wrote Ken about it but I don't recall his reply having a solution or maybe he had an explanation of the expected behavior. It would have been a low priority on his list if I asked him for a solution.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I did a test. I manually moved the camera with the cam gui. The resume in BI is set for 10 seconds. After a minute still nothing.
Then I right clicked the camera in BI console and used the PTZ command to choose a PTZ preset I have not programmed (ie: PTZ 20). The camera didn't move but after my 10 seconds were up, resume worked and the camera went to the "night" position that it should.
If there was a way to send a "blank" ptz every 5 mins to the camera, this would solve my issue. Sledge hammer approach but it would work. I don't know of a way to do this within BI.