Help with BI and PTZ presets for zoom?

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, I e-mail Priority support at Blue Iris a few days ago but no answer( I paid extra for this service) so I thought I would try here: I have 3 cameras that have the electronic zoom, the cameras are Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z When I click on the + or - to control the zoom it will zoom in and out just fine but I can't move it in the increments I want and can't fugue out how to use the presets, I am trying to set the presets for different zooms so to speak so I can click a preset to zoom to a certain setting and then another to bring it back to where I want it, I tried everything but can't figure it out. The Dahua software does not have any presets I can use so I need to do it in BI. Any help?

Thanks,

Adam Farber

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the post. My software is a little different, I don't have the PTZ function for mine, do you know where you got that software? I will Google as well. Thanks, Adam

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the post. My software is a little different, I don't have the PTZ function for mine, do you know where you got that software? I will Google as well. Thanks, Adam
Sorry for my mistake, your camera is not PTZ but just Varifocal, so I think you can't do that with this camera...

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, mine is not PTZ but I don't think it's called varifocal, it has the electronic zoom. Adam

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, mine is not PTZ but I don't think it's called varifocal, it has the electronic zoom. Adam
Dahua IPC-HFW4431R-Z 2.8mm ~12mm varifocal motorized lens network camera 4MP IR 80M ip camera POE cctv camera DH-IPC-HFW4431R-Z

upload_2017-7-9_14-17-8.png

adamfarber

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, got it, thanks...If anyone knows anything I can try that would be great. Adam

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, got it, thanks...If anyone knows anything I can try that would be great. Adam
There are no presets for varifocal...its not designed to be used that way...its to be used at the time of install...blue iris needs the camera to support presets it cannot do it on its own..it has no way of knowing the cameras zoom level at any given time..