Help with audio and lighting please

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the Dahua SD49225T-HN aimed at my great horned owl nest in my yard about 35' away. Since I last posted I have changed my 20w POE for a 60W POE in hopes that it might help with the rebooting problem but it didn't. It is what it is. I also added a Microseven M7WP-MIC Waterproof Outdoor Microphone and hooked up as suggested from Looney. I also added a 4x4 inch foam that the mic is sandwiched between. I used the kind of foam that you buff tile with after grouting. My audio settings right now. (see attachment) I did have it on 16000 but I think it caused a resources limited error. But it might have been an issue with Bluestacks running tinycam video as a back up since my PC-NVR stops without notice. I have stopped using bluestacks. I also added a 12W LED ( 50W halogen eq) to my roof.
Here are my two dilemmas. The day I got my audio figured out my pond frogs decided to start singing LOUDLY. So now I can barely hear my owls hooting. Also my pond stream is loud. And the mic sound is so sensitive I hear the traffic three blocks away that I don't hear when I am outside :( I know it is probably because the mic is way up at the top of the tree line but is there any way to tweak the sound so my waterfall and traffic noise aren't so loud? Also would it made any difference if I have the mic aiming up instead of down?
The second thing is I would really like is to turn the IR light off. What kind of light will it take to be able to video my owls without IR light. It is about 20' from the 12W LED to the nest. Will I need to use something other than low voltage lighting?

My Youtube video link is below. It starts out with the frogs singing until the male owl comes in to attach a red shouldered trying to get to their nest. The description and times on what occurs are below as well some of what happens was not on the camera.. My other videos are on YouTube under the user name okiebirdnerd.

Thank you so much for any helpful information. Stay safe, Terri Edmond OK

This is my latest video This video starts with the frogs singing. At 2:20:19 the frogs go silent and you see the female look up. At 2:21:19 you see feathers falling down on the left side of the nest when the male owl came in to attack a red-shouldered hawk. The red-shouldered doesn't give up. For a moment the red-shouldered is out of the screen and the male owl comes in again and takes out some of his breast feathers. When the hawk comes back into view you can see where the owl took some of his feathers. In the end the momma owl raises her head back up when she knows all is ok. Here is my live stream link : Okie BirdCam - Great Horned Owl

Attachments

Last edited: