Help unbrick DS-2CD2327G3E-L

tuan_vip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi you

I have one Camera IP Dome COLORVU 2.0 Megapixel HIKVISION DS-2CD2327G3E-L , Currently I can't find it in SADP app, I can't find its IP to be able to reflash back.
Looks like I flashed an incorrect fw before. Is there a way for me to unbrick it?

Thank you

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am amazed you can still upgrade with wrong firmware. I really tried on most newer cams intentionally to test if its still spossible and couldnt do it. Well prepare Serial cable, TFTP and securecrt or putty stop boot and use update command

watchful_ip

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am amazed you can still upgrade with wrong firmware. I really tried on most newer cams intentionally to test if its still spossible and couldnt do it. Well prepare Serial cable, TFTP and securecrt or putty stop boot and use update command
This is correct. It's very unlikely you could flash with the wrong firmware due to the compatibility checks that are carried out first.

I'd try wireshark/tcpdump to see if you can spot the device when it powers up.

Also do the normal things like check the network and power if nothing shows.

I know you've said this happened after upgrade, so understandably attribute it to that, but if you can't see it at all, it is what I would do. TFTP recovery may be an option which would not have been affected by firmware upgrade.

Then proceed to the trempa92 suggestion made if that didn't help at all.