Help Setup IVS Rule

dubber

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Sorry for newbie questions, I just go the IPC-4k-T Camera on Friday from ANDY.

The camera is great and I can definitely see a night and day difference with just AUTO settings. (When I'm more comfortable, I'll tweak the settings for my needs/enviroment)

Please help/confirm that I'm setting up the IVS rules properly.

I have setup 2 IVS rules. 1 is a Intrusion/Both Directions (IVS-1) and 2nd is Tripwire/Both Directions (IVS-2).

If I understand how it works, for IVS1 (Intrusion) any motion within the box will trigger an alert? What I'm trying to achieve is, any motion within the box to be triggered.

For IVS-2 (Tripwire) is anybody crossing the line in either direction will trigger it?

Thanks

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
First, move the lines inward from the edges - start with at least 10% of the width or height distance and test to optimize. The camera needs a region before the tripwire to track motion across the tripwire.

I think I’ve read that this the case… the camera triggers when the center of the tracked object crosses the tripwire, not the leading edge (say the feet, if it’s a person). Experiment.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I’ve read that this the case… the camera triggers when the center of the tracked object crosses the tripwire, not the leading edge (say the feet, if it’s a person). Experiment.
That's not what I see with my B5442E-ZE and 5241E-Z12. Played around with that a lot lately setting up LPR cams. If I set the intrusion box/tripwire too far to the edge of the frame, it will capture the vehicle too early. Well before center. I suppose as soon as the line is crossed to trigger and the AI has enough information to determine that it's a vehicle. Not sure how it works with people. Haven't had that turned on. What also makes me suspect of the center being the point to trigger is that it would have no way to know the size of the object in advance. i.e., A school bus, garbage truck, etc. is much longer than a car. And they definitely can trigger before the center crosses the line.

I think that it's probably more complicated than that and dependent on the timing for AI recognition. Kind of wish that it was based on center. Would make setting things up easier. Real-world results aren't that consistent. You get different results with different speeds and colors/contrast, etc., and the results aren't necessarily the same in the way that you'd think. Sometimes a faster moving vehicle will trigger later, but then sometimes earlier. Same for slower. Different for color/contrast of vehicles at times, size, etc. Which again makes me think more dependent on the AI figuring things out.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think that it's probably more complicated than that
I had this inkling too... hence my hesitancy to make an authoritative statement.
All of you LPR users have a lot more testing experience for sure.

Last edited: