Help setting up IPCAMs with NVR

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right thread.
I was hoping you guys would be able to help me out a bit with this problem I am having with the NVR / IPCAMs that I am trying to set up.

I bought a cheap Chinese NVR, and some Chinese IPCAMs to go with it.
Setting up the camera's is very easy with the app that comes with it (V380 it's called).
From this app I can log in to the camera's while they're in hotspot mode and set up the Wi-Fi network for the camera's to connect to.

From the app I can see that the camera's are working fine because I can see them live on my screen.

The problem I am having though, is that when I search for the camera's from the NVR (which is connected to the router that the camera's are connected to over Wi-Fi), they don't show up. I have had a couple times where I went away to do something else, and after I came back I could find them and add them to the NVR, and they were working fine. But then when I reboot the NVR, they are gone and I can't find them anymore.

To me it feels like this is a problem with the fact that I use DHCP IP-addresses for both the router and the camera's, but I can't figure it out on my own.
It's so weird to me that the app will find them immediately, but the NVR will not. Maybe the IP-addresses of the camera's are not in the range of the NVR, if that's a thing?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
If you need more information, please ask.

Thanks!

Chris

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To me it feels like this is a problem with the fact that I use DHCP IP-addresses for both the router and the camera's, but I can't figure it out on my own.
It's always best to reliably have a known IP address on a device - so if you must use DHCP, set the IP addresses up as 'DHCP reservations, or IP binding' within your router.
The app may well depend on broadcasts to find the cameras as opposed to knowing what the address is.