Help new NVV

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys finally bought new 16 cam Poe nvr of Andy Dahua, switch on first time load screen says Dahua nvr 4.0 then goes black screen and no menus!! Am I doing something stupid?? Have hdmi into connect to screen but cannot get menus!!!! Help

steve

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like your monitor cannot support the stream quality the NVR is putting out.

You will probably need to get into the NVR via the internet and web browser and change the resolution the NVR is putting out so that you can see it on the monitor.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok many thanks can I use a MacBook to get into and do I need the IP address? If it’s a brand new nvr would you know how I search it please? Many thanks again

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You go thru a web browser, so it "should" work, but we have noticed that they can be browser dependent, but hopefully it will let you see the resolution.

Here is how most of us get the camera or NVR to the IP address of our system:

The default IP address is 192.168.1.108, which may or may not be the IP address range of your system.

Unhook a computer or laptop from the internet and go into ethernet settings and using the IPv4 settings manually change the IP address to 192.168.1.100

1662571228943.png

Then power up your camera and wait a few minutes.

Go to a browser and type in 192.168.1.108 (default IP address of the NVR) and tell it your country and give it a user and password. Then you will then access it and change the resolution.

Then reverse the steps to get your computer back to your network.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant advice wittaj, on it now thanks

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok now have nvr with correct resolution, as my previous nvr died overnight I have plugged 2 out of 10 cams in and they are now under added cams but status is red!! I assume I need green, but what do I need to do if ok??

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK, best solution now is to factory reset and start over. Plugging 2 cameras in at the same time and you IP conflicted them.

Factory reset and follow this thread:

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will I loose resolution setting again?? How do I factory reset please

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah you will lose the resolution setting again. I guess you could first try deleting the cameras from the NVR and try them one by one following those instructions.

If that doesn't work, then you can access the factory reset under one of the screens on the NVR - under admin maybe?

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reset everything plugged 1 camera in went green for 1 second then back to red , can’t work this out, do I need to change any subnet settings

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually what should happen is when you plug the camera in, it should self initialize and set IP address and all that manually.

You might need to factory reset the camera so that the self initialize happens, unless you happen to know the IP addresses of the cameras?

Are the cameras Dahua OEM or are they different brands? If they are not Dahua OEM, then you will probably need to manually add them.

Pulling @bigredfish in as he is the resident expert for that NVR!

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are all Dahua bought from Andy but can’t remember if officially Dahua if you know what I mean?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
-What model NVR ?
-What model cameras? Should be a sticker showing model#
-how are you viewing the NVR? Direct with monitor or web browser?
- show a snapshot of the registration page on the NVR with the camera plugged in

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok new nvr5216-16p-4ks2e
Various cams will try and get model numbers
Reset nvr changed. Resolution now viewing on 65 inch tv through hdmi
image.jpg

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Found old photo of some previous setting and up address for cam 1 is what is showing next to the red status dot thanks

steve

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They are all Dahua bought from Andy but can’t remember if officially Dahua if you know what I mean?
If they are all from Andy, then they are Dahua, unless of course you bought one of the Hikvision OEM he sells LOL.

stevep

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No mate all dahua getting late here no long day at work will try to reset a cam tomorrow to see if helps but ip address looks correct

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR assigns that IP on initial connecting the camera. It’s associated with that port#1

While plugged in factory reset camera, Unplug camera, then delete that entry from the NVR, reboot NVR, plug camera back in and wait for it to appear in bottom pane.

The red light is typically because the NVR doesn’t know the camera login password. The camera will (as long as it hasn’t been logged into and password changed) assume the same pass as the NVR and all should work. If the login pass on the camera has been changed from default, or initialized using the Dahua tool, you’ll often get the mismatched password.