HELP!!! New Installation. Can't Access Camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More questions:
1. The initial screen has a message: "Please click here to download and install the plug-in". Given that it is an exe., is this a safe thing to do?
2. This camera doesn't have a storage card. Is there a way to confirm that it is working, i.e. by streaming live images to the browser?
If you want to see the video and set IVS rules, etc., then yes you need to download that plug-in. It is downloaded off the camera, not the internet. Your antivirus may or may not allow it, so you may have to overrule it.

When you download the plug-in, you will then see the live images.

If your camera has an SD card slot, we recommend putting one in. It serves as a backup and can be used for troubleshooting motion issues.

Jbiff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you want to see the video and set IVS rules, etc., then yes you need to download that plug-in. It is downloaded off the camera, not the internet. Your antivirus may or may not allow it, so you may have to overrule it.

When you download the plug-in, you will then see the live images.

If your camera has an SD card slot, we recommend putting one in. It serves as a backup and can be used for troubleshooting motion issues.
Thank you, Wittaj. You all have been a great help. LOL, I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions as I stumble forward with my install.