Help needed - IVS (intrusion detection) not working

*matt*77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently installed one Dahua NVR and several Dahua cameras, this is the first time I use such kind of equipment.
First I tried to setup MD (Mouvement Detection): it worked fine but I had a lot of false alerts.

So I decided to switch to IVS instead of MD.

My NVR is a DHI-NVR5208-8P-4KS2E and all my cameras are DH-SD1A404XB-GNR.
From their technical specs, they are IVS-compatible.

So, from the NVR Web interface, I enabled IVS for each camera by using the "Intrusion" function, I drew the lines, set the max/min target size and enabled IVS recording 24/7 both at the camera setting level and at the NVR storage level.

But... it doesn't work.
I walked several times through the Intrusion zone and no video was recorded by the NVR (and no mail alert too - I enabled this function too).

What could be wrong with my setup?

Thanks.

*matt*77

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm thinking about switching to SMD.... I tried and it works well, even if it is less configurable than IVS.

Grn1z

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have smart plan(the light bulb) enabled? You need that for ivs to work.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use an NVR, but from what I've seen you're much better off setting up IVS in the camera, directly, rather than "in the NVR". This can be done by clicking on the Internet Explorer icon in the camera list of the NVR. In fact all adjustments to the camera seem to be more reliable when done that way.

*matt*77

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much.
Right now I've switched from MD to SMD and there is no more false positive and human detection is working fine.
I'll try to enable IVS directly on the camera and see if it helps.

*matt*77

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I tried setting IVS directly from a camera interface instead of the NVR interface: it works!
From the tests I've ran, IVS (Intrusion detection function) and SMD have the same performance detecting people.
SMD being more simple to use (can be configured directly from the NVR interface, no need to draw lines,...) and appropriate for my needs, I'll stay with it.
Thank you very much for your help!

lavinas89

n3wb
Reaction score
Has someone found a solution to keep SMD WITH area that you want to exclude?
I do not want to use privacy mask
I activate movement detection and selected the area i do not want to detect, As soon as I activate SMD i think that he do not respect the area.
Even if I select only 10% of the image the SMD will react to all the rest of the 90% of the image.
Can someone help me please? =(
Best regards from LUXEMBOURG