Help Getting started on IVMS

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two Hikvision cameras and 2 Sricams.

I need a walkthrough to get the most out of these cameras. I can view them on separate software platforms IVMS - Hikvision & AP camera - Sricam.

I appreciate the Sricams are not up to much but I would love to get the most out of the Hikvision devices.

View remotely when not on same network. I have tried to set up port forwarding on BT hub 5 but cannot get my iPhone to connect when away from local network

Record footage

Set up alarm/record when triggered.

is there anyone who can help me or someone/where I can call for some support please?

pruggi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Torvil,

For the remote view problem, are you able unable to access anything outside of your local network only on the iPhone app, or also on your computer?
Did you check to make sure ports 80,554, and 8000 are open? If so, you should also check if the cameras have DHCP turned on. I know with my Hikvision IP cameras, they came with DHCP activated by default, which messed up my remote access until I realised this and manually deactivated it from each camera's advanced settings menu.

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK I spoke with Hikvision support who as always are superb.

Via remote login the technician was able to set up one of my Hikvision cameras to emial me and explain how to view remotely. (This camera can now be seen on the local network and away from it).

I have tried to mirror what he has done checking all boxes, copying all the settings in the Network>Email boxes apart from the obvious IPv4 address, but the other Hikvision camera will neither be seen in when logging in away from my local network. This camera works fine on my local network.

I have checked that the DHCP box is unchecked on both cameras.

Thanks for the reply btw, any further help is appreciated greatly!