Help for buy a new DVR

macfly007

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all.

I bought a DVR on aliexpress (brand Hview), and I had too many problems with him (freeze, reboot, no recordings, ...)

This DVR has the function PRERECORD that I need and this function did not work properly (problem recognized by the seller, and no firmware available to correct that)

So I plan to buy a new DVR but before buying, I would like to have your opinion to know what model to buy (staying within a reasonable budget)

So I'm looking for a dvr that allows to connect at least 4 HD IP camera Onvif, with the prerecord function that works correctly (if I encode 20 seconds in prerecord, I would like the dvr to record at each motion detection, always 20 seconds before the movement (blue iris did it, but now I want to use a DVR instead of blue iris)

And of course, a DVR that does not crash. A dvr which I can go on vacation without fear that the next day, it is already crashed :)

Thank you for your help

macfly007

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, linux, i know :) but sorry, i want to use a dvr. There is no commercial dvd capable of prerecord correctly?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, linux, i know :) but sorry, i want to use a dvr. There is no commercial dvd capable of prerecord correctly?
Sure ... there are many threads discussing NVRs...you are looking for an NVR not DVR....you also newn to make sure it's compatible with the cameras you own..onvif claims are not always valid....

Reaction score
Hello all.

I bought a DVR on aliexpress (brand Hview), and I had too many problems with him (freeze, reboot, no recordings, ...)

This DVR has the function PRERECORD that I need and this function did not work properly (problem recognized by the seller, and no firmware available to correct that)

So I plan to buy a new DVR but before buying, I would like to have your opinion to know what model to buy (staying within a reasonable budget)

So I'm looking for a dvr that allows to connect at least 4 HD IP camera Onvif, with the prerecord function that works correctly (if I encode 20 seconds in prerecord, I would like the dvr to record at each motion detection, always 20 seconds before the movement (blue iris did it, but now I want to use a DVR instead of blue iris)

And of course, a DVR that does not crash. A dvr which I can go on vacation without fear that the next day, it is already crashed :)

Thank you for your help
Hello, I've purchase the H.View HV-500G2, and having a problem setting up the IVS tripline on the Dahua NVR, H.view support is not responding to my email, I guess I shouldn't have purchase any camera's from H.view. Do you have any suggestion that could help me out on support setup the IVS on a Dahua NVR with this H.view camera? I have other camera's working just fine with IVS. Thanks -William