Help Enhancing picture House Broken into car stolen

Rod Rosare

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone with the ability to enhance a picture. A black Mercedes was the getaway car unfortunately my PTZ camera didn't track the car bunt one of my other camera's caught the car license plate but its blurry. Any help would be appreciated the stole my my BMW too.

I think I'm hosed all the other video I have they are wearing masks and hoodies. They have been hitting alot of houses in my area, forgot to turn on the alarm. Stupid me.

05_20230508104025.jpg

Last edited:

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi All,

Anyone with the ability to enhance a picture. A black Mercedes was the getaway car unfortunately my PTZ camera didn't track the car bunt one of my other camera's caught the car license plate but its blurry. Any help would be appreciated the stole my my BMW too.

I think I'm hosed all the other video I have they are wearing masks and hoodies. They have been hitting alot of houses in my area, forgot to turn on the alarm. Stupid me.
There aren't really enough pixels to work with from this distance. I did try to add a little sharpening, but that's essentially adding noise.

You might be better off hacking into the NSA satellites, then using the "zoom and enhance" command. It must be possible because they got a perfect image of a registration sticker that way, at least according to the movie I was watching last night. :)

Attachments

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
There aren't really enough pixels to work with from this distance. I did try to add a little sharpening, but that's essentially adding noise.

You might be better off hacking into the NSA satellites, then using the "zoom and enhance" command. It must be possible because they got a perfect image of a registration sticker that way, at least according to the movie I was watching last night. :)
OK... First I'll access the secret military spy satelite that is in geosynchronous orbit over the midwest. Then I'll ID the limo by the vanity plate "MR. BIGGG" and get his approximate position. Then I'll reposition the transmission dish on the remote truck to 17.32 degrees east, hit WESTAR 4 over the Atlantic, bounce the signal back into the aerosphere up to COMSAT 6, beam it back to SATCOM 2 transmitter number 137 and down on the dish on the back of Mr. Big's limo... It's almost too easy.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
angle is too small and this is a mini ptz cam,can’t do the big optical zoom ptz’s job. Add a bigger zoom ptz at higher place. Make sure no blind area, any blind area make the system broken/useless

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried, and didn't get their results. Inverse + Stylize neon edges

View attachment 169788

Both our Chevrolet badges look identical (pixelated) yet their plate is clear as day? Fishy.
yep, They're certainly using an edge detection algorithm ..

a lot will depend on how good the actual data in the image file is .. ideally "raw" but I suspect H264 and H265 will really kill the ability to pull much out of stills ..

probably can do a few tricks if you have multiple images to play with ..

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi All,

View attachment 162361
last 2 digits are 76.