Help Configuring Cisco switch

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Trying to set up my first IP Cam on this cisco switch.

I gave the cisco switch a static IP Address, one that is outside the range of my IP Pool.

I am trying to follow this tutorial.

I have two nics (one wireless, one ethernet) with wireless being the utililized wifi access, ethernet is not connected to internet.

I have the cat5 plugged into the cisco switch and into my PC. (This is temporary, I am just trying to test out the cam and switch)

I am unable to access the Dahua IP cam page.

Written Diagram

ISP router in bridge mode ----> Asus Router (VPN Working) ---> BI PC (Internet access through wifi) ----> Switch (connect to BI through ethernet) -----> IPcam (connected through ethernet to switch)

What am I doing wrong ?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I assume you are using a managed Cisco switch, can you get to your switch web page? If the switch is used, you may need delete any leftover VLANs, could be the port that you plugged your computer in is on a different VLAN than the one you used for the cam.

Jay Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume you are using a managed Cisco switch, can you get to your switch web page? If the switch is used, you may need delete any leftover VLANs, could be the port that you plugged your computer in is on a different VLAN than the one you used for the cam.
default password I found is not working
admin
cisco

I cannot log into the web interface

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
can you factory / master reset the switch?

also try standalone and see if you can find the camera
camera (192.168.1.108) -> switch <- PC (192.168.1.1)