Help choosing IP camera setup for live stream to local monitor plus timelapse.

ovmus

n3wb
Reaction score
I work at an ice arena and we're re-doing our rink floor over the summer. This is the first time the floor has been replaced here and this is our 50th anniversary so it's a big deal for everyone. I'm hoping to find a camera that I can set up to first and foremost get images saved for a video timelapse at the end of construction. Also, as a bonus we'd like to have this video streaming live to an HTML page which is on a monitor in our lobby so people can see the action without needing a hardhat.

We have an ancient Axis IP camera installed already so I can just use that PoE connection for this new camera, I'm guessing. We don't need a super high quality image, audio or PTZ capabilities. Stationary video only is fine.

My biggest issue is figuring out the live stream portion. There must be a simple way to achieve that, but I just get confused looking at random Google results. Does anyone have experience with embedding a live stream to an HTML page?

I apologize that I'm camera illiterate so I don't even know where to start. Any kind of information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I work at an ice arena and we're re-doing our rink floor over the summer. This is the first time the floor has been replaced here and this is our 50th anniversary so it's a big deal for everyone. I'm hoping to find a camera that I can set up to first and foremost get images saved for a video timelapse at the end of construction. Also, as a bonus we'd like to have this video streaming live to an HTML page which is on a monitor in our lobby so people can see the action without needing a hardhat.

We have an ancient Axis IP camera installed already so I can just use that PoE connection for this new camera, I'm guessing. We don't need a super high quality image, audio or PTZ capabilities. Stationary video only is fine.

My biggest issue is figuring out the live stream portion. There must be a simple way to achieve that, but I just get confused looking at random Google results. Does anyone have experience with embedding a live stream to an HTML page?

I apologize that I'm camera illiterate so I don't even know where to start. Any kind of information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Dahua RTMP YouTube stream guide
@Quindor @looney2ns

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi.

Dahua makes a $140 8 megapixel camera that should be pretty nice. You can view it directly through its web interface if you use a browser that works with the necessary plugin, such as Pale Moon 32 bit. Or Chrome via the "NACL Web Plug-in" extension.

Here are two different lens sizes. 2.8mm is wider than 4mm.
http://amzn.com/B07KQ4Z4QP
http://amzn.com/B07FP5HHSQ

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.