HELP! Bricked 8 2732's!

randyrf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks, and thank you for reading.

I recently installed 38 Hikvision cameras (mostly DS-2cd2732-is models. Everything was working fine, and I was told by a Hikvision rep that I should update the firmware on the cameras.

Well, at the time I did not realize that half the cam's I got were "gray market" and the other's were USA. --Fast forward--
We used the firmware update tool on the DVR, and 8 of the 16 cameras we selected for update didn't come back.

I have tried the "firmware downgrader" and a few other tricks I have read about here with no luck. The TFTP never seems to connect to the camera. it just sits there on "initialized"

My configuration :

Laptop running win 7
IP set to 192.0.0.128
WIFI = OFF
TFTP in root of drive C (with files)
Windows firewall = OFF
Laptop and camera (only) plugged into a POE switch.

Power cycle the camera and the green light just goes on and off in a random sequence.

I've tried 3 of the cameras on 2 different computers with the same results.

Any suggestion as to how I might get these 8 cameras back to life ?

Thank you again in advance!

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...I did not realize that half the cam's I got were "gray market" and the other's were USA...
Go back to the seller and insist that the grey market cameras be replaced with western region units?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go back to the seller and insist that the grey market cameras be replaced with western region units?
I can see you having some fun with each individual camera and a serial port! Lol

It all depends if you can get the Tftp server to communicate!

Try using a non Poe switch just to eliminate that as an issue

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure the file name is correct in the tftp folder

digicap.dav

The issue you have is the tftp is not seeing the firmware file.

Also if your camera's were not 5.30 to start with your using the wrong firmware.

If they were using 5.25 or 5.28 then you have to use 5.25
If they were lower then use the 5.16 in my signature below then do the mtd hack, then upgraded again to 5.30.