Hello World.

forlotto

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wanted to intro myself as a human being just be that for starters doing this will enable you to not be beholden to some fiction of a title to tie you to a single purpose or way of thinking. I am not affiliated with any particular anything no brandwagons while I tend to like stuff that works Ryobi is about as close as I get to brandwagon.

Kind of curious on the site would love to see if anyone got Zmodo 1080p bullet cams running on blu iris software as of yet.

Willing to share some personal fighting knowledge with IP cams in general but mostly hope to find knowledgeable things here unlike the guy claiming that hikvision is better than the sunba illuminati they both use the same damn camera lens module made by hikvision errrr thats what kinda got me here to create an account so I guess in a round about way thanks for posting it even though its brandwagon posting.

Reaction score
Just wanted to intro myself as a human being just be that for starters doing this will enable you to not be beholden to some fiction of a title to tie you to a single purpose or way of thinking. I am not affiliated with any particular anything no brandwagons while I tend to like stuff that works Ryobi is about as close as I get to brandwagon.

Kind of curious on the site would love to see if anyone got Zmodo 1080p bullet cams running on blu iris software as of yet.

Willing to share some personal fighting knowledge with IP cams in general but mostly hope to find knowledgeable things here unlike the guy claiming that hikvision is better than the sunba illuminati they both use the same damn camera lens module made by hikvision errrr thats what kinda got me here to create an account so I guess in a round about way thanks for posting it even though its brandwagon posting.
Welcome aboard. Read the WIKI!! :thumb:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

The only thing that a Zmodo cam is good for, is to see how far you can throw it. They are junk.
Buy a real camera.
Avoid Sunba as well.
Buy once cry once.

forlotto

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys and thanks for the welcome and adversarial advice I'd tend to agree with the Zmodo thing at current simply because they have shifted away from producing NVR's and gave terrible customer service about this issue they essentially said we don't care that we sold you thousands worth of equipment for doing installs for folks that just want something simple and affordable not state of the art or bleeding edge. I use them personally as well but I don't think it'll matter weather I can see someones pimple or not in most cases. They are wireless they work I own 16 that have been in service for the last 4 years or so and they don't skip a beat however the access to 32ch nvr's is no longer there and their costomer service sucks so if you need more than 8 cams I'd opt for something else I'd just go ONVIF anything at this point. Now my opinion would change if Zmodo got their act together and reintroduced NVR's and kept equipment in stock in case folks need replacement. These cameras no matter the brand won't last forever. But 4 years of use 24/7 I can't complain about my investment at this point.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys and thanks for the welcome and adversarial advice I'd tend to agree with the Zmodo thing at current simply because they have shifted away from producing NVR's and gave terrible customer service about this issue they essentially said we don't care that we sold you thousands worth of equipment for doing installs for folks that just want something simple and affordable not state of the art or bleeding edge. I use them personally as well but I don't think it'll matter weather I can see someones pimple or not in most cases. They are wireless they work I own 16 that have been in service for the last 4 years or so and they don't skip a beat however the access to 32ch nvr's is no longer there and their costomer service sucks so if you need more than 8 cams I'd opt for something else I'd just go ONVIF anything at this point. Now my opinion would change if Zmodo got their act together and reintroduced NVR's and kept equipment in stock in case folks need replacement. These cameras no matter the brand won't last forever. But 4 years of use 24/7 I can't complain about my investment at this point.
Its not adversarial when its the truth. This isn't a "safe space".
You are installing this garbage for clients? You are doing a major disservice to them.
Study this: Cliff Notes
When you or clients have a need to ID someone, and the camera fails to do so in a manner that will hold up in court, then what?
The goal of camera surveillance, is to know who did it, not just what happened.
I'm a refugee from the Zmodo crap once I learned better, I speak from plenty of experience.

forlotto

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't doubt it for a bit oddly I can ID someone and if I have trouble I can adjust some settings and digital zoom to help highlight things like plates and such with post video processing measures so IDK seems to work for me most of the time could be because I have cameras everywhere though. People who steal from you are usually people you have had an interaction with oddly enough.

But indeed it could happen and maybe I am doing a disservice it is possible but everyone I know of is happy with them thus far you can hone in on that one all you want but when people want dirt cheap it isn't a bad option its better than nothing if placed in key locations you can ID people. But realistically anyone who cases a joint with cameras is likely going to mask up so to ID them is not quite as easy as you think. It is better than nothing if they feel the need to upgrade to a better picture I'm not stopping them I simply give them options and show differences and often Zmodo seems to be what they want I surely can't force someone to get something they don't have the money to afford and something is better than nothing that much I know I'm not going to tell them nothing is better cause I would be lying.

As I said I install them for some folks it is a common choice to go cheap. I am going to start refraining from Zmodo installs at a point though because as it stands they are not keeping product stock however I do have a zmodo install and products purchased just recently just taking a month of sundays to arrive .

I get what your saying and I'm not going to say your wrong about but for me my Zmodo combo does the trick and it did hold up in court just this week actually for a small claim.

forlotto

n3wb
Reaction score
hrmmmm... my video was at night of the siding blowing off my home in a storm it was a contractor suit. But needless to say we had the video and worked well enough for small claims look I have no need to argue about this matter really it isn't a perfect solution as I stated but it is better than nothing I guess thats my point albeit maybe moot in some respects it still can be useful.