Hello, i need help with IP Camera

Reaction score
Hi, i will be leaving soon, not knowing exactly for how much time and i was thinking of buying an ip camera. What i found within a good price/quality range was Wanscam HW0041 (nightvis, tilt pan) but i heard there are a lot of issues with it, especially for what i need it ( distance monitoring through phone or browser). I only want stream, i won't be recording....i will even hook it through cable to router so it will be more stable , one question is if electric power will fail, will it be able to reset itself much like a router? So it won't require anyone present there.
Do i need to do port forwarding on my router? Also heard it ha no software in the package, i see that wanscam.com doesn't work anymore.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so you want a PTZ and you think $40 is a good price? shiiit.. best of luck to you.. real quality begins quite literally at prices an order of magnitude higher than your looking now.

You should check out the Huisun Mini-PTZ, at least it wont be a total paperweight.. hope your not leaving soon though, you'll have to pay dearly for rush shipping from china.

Reaction score
Hmm..well i've seen some nonnight vision, non PTZ cameras like d-link or tp-link at 40$ and they had like bad reviews even just for the quality video and i thought i might as well try the 50$ Wanscam HW0041. The quality of night/day video seems pretty good, i don't want advanced tech, it's for indoors. Just that i saw it has connectivity issues and browser playability very bumpy :-??

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
These little PTZs are a false economy. You're better off with non-PTZ and proper resolution. Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW for example.

It has issues because it's a PoS.