Hello from Lynn Haven Florida

bruss

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello and greetings. Been exposed to Ethernet, POE, tcp/ip for quite a while. Mainly on the VoIP side. I bought my first camera system the other day. Dahau N484E62. So far it has been very painless.. Minus the expected attic time..

looking to add 2 additional cams with PTZ and IR. look forward to diggin in the data here for the solution.

Ben

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and greetings. Been exposed to Ethernet, POE, tcp/ip for quite a while. Mainly on the VoIP side. I bought my first camera system the other day. Dahau N484E62. So far it has been very painless.. Minus the expected attic time..

looking to add 2 additional cams with PTZ and IR. look forward to diggin in the data here for the solution.

Ben
Welcome, Study this: Cliff Notes

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
look forward to diggin in the data here for the solution.
Welcome, Ben! Definitely take a run through the Cliff Notes, there's a lot of good info in there.

When you start digging around here, the model numbers might throw you for a bit. Most folks here buy cameras from Dahua's international lineup, so virtually all of the info will refer to those model numbers. For whatever reason, Dahua US will only resell a few models from Dahua's international lineup, and when they do, they change the model numbers entirely.

Many of the popular Dahua models that folks here use aren't made available by Dahua US. This isn't a problem -- the forum has an extremely trusted vendor (Andy/@EMPIRETECANDY) that sells from Dahua's international lineup. He's sold thousands of cameras to forum members here over the past few years. Great guy to do business with.