Hello from California, USA

Augus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Glad I found this forum to further my search for home security system.
We are looking to put 4 camera (more later) around the house, will need to be able to read license plate on one of them in front of the house.
I am looking at Hikvision NVR DS-7608, seeing so many different version so going to looking thru this forum to know more about this NVR and the whole IP security camera as a whole. Since I will have to look for compatible camera to add onto this NVR.

Augus

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you want to read license plates 24/7, then it requires a camera dedicated to the job.. it requires very high shutter speed (1/500+ typically) to catch them in motion with a decent exposure; this means once the sun goes away it sees all black unless its something extremely bright like headlamps and reflective license plates.

otherwise you have to install massive strobe flashes like the city puts on there red light cameras and trigger that every time a car drives by.. im sure your neighbors would love that.

Augus

n3wb
Reaction score
May be not 24/7, just want to see car that came into our cudesac during the day. We have couple house missing delivery package.
We have street light in front of our house hope it will help some at night.