Hello all, glad to see a new forums around cameras!

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm here from a mention on the networkcameracritic site, and I'm a member of the other main site also. I'm glad to see a new forum popping up, trying to read between the lines in some posts on the other site was getting old! :)

I am not a dealer, but I am kind of an installer as I design and assist in installing all of our systems where I work. We install all of our own equipment, cabling, you name it we do it. I do IT work, but the cameras are fully in my area of work day to day. I have been doing this for about three years now, and when I started this I fully moved us to a new platform (from 5 separate platforms) replacing all existing equipment besides cameras. I now have 76 seperate Exacq server systems spread out over multiple states. I'm at roughly 1000 cameras, but I do need to count again to see exactly where I am at now, but it's an ever expanding number. All sites are managed from one central office, and we get a lot of use out of them. I'm pulling footage every other day it seems from some place or another!

Sightly smarter than I look, but that's about it, and it's a darn good thing! :) I use forums a lot for research and such in many areas, not just cameras, as I think they are a great way to share the knowledge and help others if I can. Hoping this forum really takes off, and now I'm off to look around some more on here!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, thanks for joining! Nice introduction, sound like you have had your hands on a lot of cams :D Always nice to see someone like you join up and offer your experience and insight. Hope you have a good time here!

bombo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
A bunch of great people here.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great to see you here Razer. I need someone besides me that thinks ACTi cameras are a good.