Hell Yeah! Direct Deepstack Integration - 5.4.0 - March 31, 2021

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay cool, I set it to high

What do you guys have set for each camera and the number of images to, and how long for each?
As above, I'm on medium...

1635231449013.png

I average between 50-200ms during the day.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How long does it take DS to return a result with those settings?
Between 50-200ms but average seems to be 60-150ms during the day. On a custom model that can change to 100-2000ms and often more.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have DeepStack GPU running on a separate PC it's an old i7-860 with a GTX 960.
Hi, How are you finding the gtx 960 with deepstack? What speeds are you getting? What mode do you have it on?
I've been told to avoid the 960 as it uses up a lot of power and may not work with deepstack. Are you on the latest windows version of deepstack gpu?
Been looking for a gtx used around this price range, 1050 and 960's pop up.

Thanks

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay cool, I set it to high

What do you guys have set for each camera and the number of images to, and how long for each?
I have generally stuck with medium on mine, might experiment again with high since the GPU is now installed. In the past I have not had such good results with the mainstream for some reason, not quite sure why, less accurate, maybe I will experiment with that again! number of images I find is a bit random, now and then I get annoyed when one of mine misses an event so I push it to 100. A few hours later I switch it back to 20 or 30 and results don't seem much different!

One thing I can be fairly certain of, if you have a camera using Deepstack which has vehicles moving at any speed, push the camera fps up to 20 or even 25, it will give Deepstack a better chance :thumb:

allgrind

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, everyone,

I currently use Deepstack (DS) and use the Continuous + Alerts mode. During the day it works really well.

In addition, I use PIR sensors at night - these trigger BlueIris via HTTP. Unfortunately, DS does not work as reliably at night. This means that alarms are not recognized and there is no change to the main stream.

Basically, I don't want to do without deep stacking. But can I somehow set it so that external triggers do not have to be validated by DS and automatically switch to the MAIN stream for a certain time?

Many greetings
Jan

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Setting min confidence below 40% is useless. DS doesn't go below 40% from what I've seen on the DS board, unless it's changed with the recent DS update. I have mine all set at 40% and have yet to see a detection lower than 45%.

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set to High and using 30 images at 250ms intervals is giving me MUCH higher accuracy

Before getting my mail would get ~60% person, now I'm at 91%. Lets just hope cats are not higher percentage too..

View attachment 106135
Good result, unfortunately the cat accuracy will also probably be higher :lmao: :lmao:

I've been running mine on high today and have to say it is catching more on one of my cameras, I think 20-30 images is a pretty good number if you are using a GPU or high end CPU.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally got the GPU usage to 2% by running between 3 cameras really fast, so I guess that is accurate usage results

Can't wait to get OpenALPR on here too

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I finally got the GPU usage to 2% by running between 3 cameras really fast, so I guess that is accurate usage results

Can't wait to get OpenALPR on here too
:lol: Nice work, I am fortunate that when a vehicle passes it triggers three of my cameras, potentially four so I can push the Deepstack quite hard in one go. I am very interested in your OpenALPR results, Rekor agent can be a hog with CPU even when running GPU, but your processor is a beast so I think you will be in good shape.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If I buy a GTX 970 SLI will I have any issues with the SLI? Sli is a new term for me and just learnt that its for using 2 cards together.
A lot more 970's for sale here I see now and am considering this over the 1050, considering the benchmark scores it looks impressive in comparison.

Thanks

CamCrazy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm glad I have that fan adapter on the way for the P4, its showing as thermally throttled now. I 100% don't have enough airflow in there

View attachment 106148
Oh :wtf: - does that case just have the default 3x internal fans? obviously lacking in airflow, that GPU is warm as well at 88.6 :wow:

My 1660 never budges above 52-55 even during multi camera events. GPU fans don't kick in until 60 so just passive, I do have plenty of airflow in the case though :thumb:

Just noticed the CPU is running fairly warm as well, with a standard heatsink and fan that is probably not too bad though.

I was curious so ran GPU-Z on mine, see below:

1635260852539.png

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Pentagano The 970SLI simply means there's an extra, proprietary, connector on the board to allow two of them to be ganged together. In terms of the actual board and GPU/processing it's the same as any other 970 to my knowledge.

@CamCrazy Don't worry about that temperature. Look at your fan speed, it's 2% so the GOU is just idling at that temperature. Under high loads it can run up to ~160-170F.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 970SLI simply means there's an extra, proprietary, connector on the board to allow two of them to be ganged together. In terms of the actual board and GPU/processing it's the same as any other 970 to my knowledge.
Are you happy with its performance?
Do you use substreams and have ds on mode high?
Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
@Pentagano I'm happy with the 970, especially compared with what I saw using the CPU version on my i7-6700. I use sub streams and use them for DS detection. DS is set on high on all the cameras DS is enabled on, say a total of ten cameras. Detection times are normally under 200ms on the 970 while on the CPU version three or four seconds was the normal and most detections were missed. When I switch to the GPU version it was like night and day.

incidentally, every car that goes by triggers three cameras with DS and it just tickles the 970.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Pentagano I'm happy with the 970, especially compared with what I saw using the CPU version on my i7-6700. I use sub streams and use them for DS detection. DS is set on high on all the cameras DS is enabled on, say a total of ten cameras. Detection times are normally under 200ms on the 970 while on the CPU version three or four seconds was the normal and most detections were missed. When I switch to the GPU version it was like night and day.

incidentally, every car that goes by triggers three cameras with DS and it just tickles the 970.
your cpu version sounds too slow on an i7-6700. 8 virtual threads? Mines an i7-7700 I can get 350-400ms on average - Mode high subs. bitrate set at 512 and fps 8-10 for each cam.

But under 200ms would be fine for me and to take the load off the cpu during heavy activity.

A few 970's for around 250usd here.

Thanks!