Hell Yeah! Direct Deepstack Integration - 5.4.0 - March 31, 2021

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a problem with deepstack. I have 5 cams (a mix of 5231 and 2231) one of these works perfectly and every motion is detected and processed by deepstack .
For the other four cams it seems that snapshots aren't send to deepstack (confirmed by looking the cmd in windows).
Motion is captured by Blueiris and I receive a generic alert not the AI's one.

For the cam settings: main stream at 20fps/keyframe and substream 25fps/keyframe, continuos recording, on the AI settings 10 real-time images processed every second.

I have also tried to install deepstack on a container in unRAID, but nothing changed.
P.s. BI is on a VM on my unRAID server

As you can notice in the screenshots, only the Ingresso camera is correctly processed by deepstack (confirmed and cancelled alerts)
View attachment 88365View attachment 88366View attachment 88367View attachment 88368View attachment 88369
In the alert tab make sure it's set to fire when triggered.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a way to actually get these confirmed alert images (snapshots only, not the clip) backed up somewhere? The alerts' "FTP image upload" option doesn't actually use the alert image. All other options seem to include non-confirmed alerts as well.

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just started using this a couple of days ago. I use it for daytime and it does a very good job. It's not enabled for my night profiles. I'm using DeepStack with my LPR cameras. I've tried with my other wider angle cameras and it is identifying too many static objects, especially when there is an audio triggered event. I have checked the detect/ignore static objects.

This analysis really impressed me:
Z12-w.20210504_160000.3151700.3.17064.jpg

menace

n3wb
Reaction score
Great addition to BI.

I've been running BI with Deepstack in docker for desktop (also available for windows now) (1 standard model and 1 custom model) for over 9 months now and runs brilliantly. deepquestai/deepstack:latest .
But I use the modified version of the AI tool from:

Which has so many options and configurations. This developer is releasing new versions all the time and responds to requests very fast.

So I'm thinking I am better off staying with my current setup.
Unless someone can shed some light on what advantage this BI AI option has please.

Thanks
I'm gearing up to do the same (I have i7-6700 16gb ram (adding more ram soon) - Curious if you're running BI and deepstack in Docker all on the same Windows 10 device or do you have your DeepStack in Docker running from a separate device?

Fubduck

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have DeepStack GPU running on a separate PC it's an old i7-860 with a GTX 960.

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK couple of questions were are these logs you guys are reviewing for deepstack? I have not found any. I running the GPU version of Deepstack. I also don't see anything in the deeptstack window when I open the shortcut on my desktop. I did stop DS in BI and start it using PS with all three detection types. The PS window returned valid results but then the ps command line returned to the c prompt of PS. So I assumed I need to runt the shortcut on my desktop to see what deepstack was processing. But it just show the version, v1/backup and v1/restore nothing ever changes there. I still need to tweak my camera if frames they are set to 0.50. But for not I was just trying to verify it is processing images as I wanted to see if the GeForce gt1030 would cut it in my server. Normally not logged into it so the GPU goes unused, thought it might be better then relying on the Ryzen 7 3700, although BI CPU is normally avg about 13% on continuous recording. and only using about 2GB of Ram on avg. I am just currently trying to find a better way to get rid of the false positives I am getting from winds.

beandip

n3wb
Reaction score
OK couple of questions were are these logs you guys are reviewing for deepstack? I have not found any. I running the GPU version of Deepstack. I also don't see anything in the deeptstack window when I open the shortcut on my desktop. I did stop DS in BI and start it using PS with all three detection types. The PS window returned valid results but then the ps command line returned to the c prompt of PS. So I assumed I need to runt the shortcut on my desktop to see what deepstack was processing. But it just show the version, v1/backup and v1/restore nothing ever changes there. I still need to tweak my camera if frames they are set to 0.50. But for not I was just trying to verify it is processing images as I wanted to see if the GeForce gt1030 would cut it in my server. Normally not logged into it so the GPU goes unused, thought it might be better then relying on the Ryzen 7 3700, although BI CPU is normally avg about 13% on continuous recording. and only using about 2GB of Ram on avg. I am just currently trying to find a better way to get rid of the false positives I am getting from winds.
I'm running DS on linux so I'm not sure how to find the log on windows. But I'm having some trouble with DS identifying things properly and I'm going to train a custom model like that other poster suggested. You might want to try that as well.

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction for sorting this "unexpected shut down" problem that's just started in the last couple of weeks? Apart from BI software updates, I've made no other set up, hardware or software changes. On the pc with BI installed you'd hardly even notice it (instantly restarts) but on my 2nd pc with UI3 and a fulltime monitor running it keeps dropping the UI3 back to the all cameras view rather than the single fullscreen camera view I normally have it on.
Appreciate any help.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction for sorting this "unexpected shut down" problem that's just started in the last couple of weeks? Apart from BI software updates, I've made no other set up, hardware or software changes. On the pc with BI installed you'd hardly even notice it (instantly restarts) but on my 2nd pc with UI3 and a fulltime monitor running it keeps dropping the UI3 back to the all cameras view rather than the single fullscreen camera view I normally have it on.
Appreciate any help.
Have you looked in the Windows Log for errors?

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've now added DeepStack to my 14 cameras. It's doing a fabulous job of removing all the false triggers - especially last night's stormy weather blowing everything that's growing, flickering shadows when the sun came out and all the reflections from the rain from the cams with built-in illumination turned on after dark. It does miss a few triggers that I can't easily explain, see the two snapshots from the same woman only 6 minutes apart. I wonder what I haven't considered? Oh, and I also wonder how to get marked-up snapshots.

Screenshot 2021-05-10 225840.pngScreenshot 2021-05-10 230026.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Dave Lonsdale - how many images are you sending to DeepStack when motion is triggered?

Were you happening to be watching BI during the storm last night? It would be interesting to see what CPU jump you had from the storm. I know with AI Tools many reported maxing out during storms and the constant sending of photos, but we have yet to see anyone here post results of a similar event with this DeepStack integration in BI.

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@wittaj

Rain and wind last night on 5/7 cams almost continuously triggering on an i5-6500. Hovering around 77% for a few hours with 83% peak usage. Each cam is only sending a couple of images / 1 sec intervals.

Below are 24hr stats of that server. Right up until BI crashed this evening with memory hitting 100% :D

BIserverstats.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@hikky_b - well 77% is better than 100%.

Certainly DeepStack being used on a lot of cameras can tax out an older system, so people do need to keep that in mind if they have say a 4th generation and a lot of cameras.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@wittaj

Rain and wind last night on 5/7 cams almost continuously triggering on an i5-6500. Hovering around 77% for a few hours with 83% peak usage. Each cam is only sending a couple of images / 1 sec intervals.

Below are 24hr stats of that server. Right up until BI crashed this evening with memory hitting 100% :D

View attachment 89365
What software are those screenshots of?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've now added DeepStack to my 14 cameras. It's doing a fabulous job of removing all the false triggers - especially last night's stormy weather blowing everything that's growing, flickering shadows when the sun came out and all the reflections from the rain from the cams with built-in illumination turned on after dark. It does miss a few triggers that I can't easily explain, see the two snapshots from the same woman only 6 minutes apart. I wonder what I haven't considered? Oh, and I also wonder how to get marked-up snapshots.

View attachment 89360View attachment 89361
I have also many missing triggers from BI AI integration. The same time the AI tool it detect the person.

Dave Lonsdale

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Dave Lonsdale - how many images are you sending to DeepStack when motion is triggered?

Were you happening to be watching BI during the storm last night? It would be interesting to see what CPU jump you had from the storm. I know with AI Tools many reported maxing out during storms and the constant sending of photos, but we have yet to see anyone here post results of a similar event with this DeepStack integration in BI.
Hi wittaj, picture of DS setting for this camera. Either 1 or 2 additional motion captures sent to DS depending on camera.
Screenshot Drive_1 AI settings.png
Picture of Task Manager via Remote Desktop, BI running as a service with local console active but no motion. I didn't capture it during the storm but I was surprised to see BI's console showing the CPU rising to the range 30-50%. I had increased the trigger sensitivities knowing that DS would eliminate them and then not miss wanted triggers. Not completely successful. BI runs on a decent i5-10500 PC. Intel HA stable on all cameras.
Screenshot task manager.png
I think you're also a network guru wittaj . Not being an expert, I don't understand why my network shows 100%. I have a quad NIC, two ports of which are used and connect directly to (two) switches for the cameras (no Internet). Built-in ethernet port connected to router and to RDP via laptop wifi and router. Why is my network saturated?

Last edited: