Heads up if you plan to install Windows 10 Threshold 2

Reaction score
I just upgraded my windows 10 box to Threshold 2. My Blue Iris runs as a service so I just assumed all was well after the upgrade. I went to launch the GUI a few days later and I was greeted with "your trial is over" screen. After I put in my key again, all was well. However, I lost 3 days of capturing video since I had not re-launched the BI application. Just a heads up to anyone planning to update to Threshold 2 soon on their BI machine.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it a Blue Iris issue or Microsoft? Read several articles today about Microsoft removing programs or disabling programs to install the update. A lot of flack about Microsoft messing with people's settings.

eqspec76

n3wb
Reaction score
Support will email you a new license key for free. This happened to me and was resolved by emailing support.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI bug?...Microsoft bug?

Puuuleaase DO NOT tell MartyO and Fenderman about this post!

frypan.gif

Reaction score
Support will email you a new license key for free. This happened to me and was resolved by emailing support.
Entering my same key resolved. I contacted support and they said "Thanks, this might have changed the OS version/subversion, which is part of the key lock. Sorry for the inconvenience."

My guess it will be resolved in new versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I just upgraded my windows 10 box to Threshold 2. My Blue Iris runs as a service so I just assumed all was well after the upgrade. I went to launch the GUI a few days later and I was greeted with "your trial is over" screen. After I put in my key again, all was well. However, I lost 3 days of capturing video since I had not re-launched the BI application. Just a heads up to anyone planning to update to Threshold 2 soon on their BI machine.
I did the T2 update on my BI machine and had no issues at all, but I do NOT run it as a service. As far as update went, it was easy but annoying how it was like almost re-installing W10 again as far as settings.