HDW1430DT-SDW - FW DH_IPC-WX-Web-Hertz2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.14.R.230323

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
due to several reasons (there is only 12V available), a friend of mine has ordered a HDW1430DT-SDW, which has also WiFi - yes, I know WiFi is not the best option, but in this case he has choosen this cam.
The cam is still on the way and I have checked for the latest FW on dahuasecurity.com. Latest version is DH_IPC-WX-Web-Hertz2_EngSpnRus_PN_V2.800.0000000.14.R.230323, but the file is very small (only 3 MB) and corrupt.
Does anyone has this FW ? (Have found *.13.R.221220 only).
KR

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you want firmware?
  • Is the camera not working properly ?
  • Does it not have a feature that you need badly?
If the answers to both of the above are "no", then I would not risk bricking the camera with a f/w "upgrade". :cool:

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can not answer both questions, because as I said before the camera is still on the way.
Just to know, after receiving the camera and checking the installed version.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where did said friend buy camera? It is best to get firmware from seller.

Something to consider is that the same model could have different firmware for different chipsets used during the life of that model. So you run the risk of bricking if you do not know what chipset you have.

Here is an example - the HFW3549T1-AS-PV is available in 2 versions of firmware across 3 different chipsets for the same model camera:
  • HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S4 uses the HX3XXX-Taurus firmware.
  • HFW3549T1-AS-PV and IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S3 use the HX5XXX-Volt firmware
In this instance, Dahua added an S# designation after the model number (while Hikvision adds a C), but many do not and then you try to update with a firmware not compatible with your chipset and potentially brick it.

It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1666892544039.png

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good points. Really appreciate it.
I really hope he has bought the camera from a "real" dealer in germany - i have to ask.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In all likelihood probably not. If they are anything like the USA, the "real" dealers only sell them to you if they also install them.

So most get them from a reseller - some are legit and others are not.

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, camera (IPC-HDW1430DT-STW/IPC-WD42) arrived and my friend has bought it from a local dealer. Installed firmware was 2.800.0000000.1.R, but unfortunately it does not allow to store data via ftp - the only destination is local.
Therefore I have installed the firmware 2.800.0000000.13.R, but this does not solves the issue.
Checking the possibilities with ../cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=StorageGroup, shows that StorageGroup[1] for ftp is available.

Code:
table.StorageGroup[0].FileHoldTime=0
table.StorageGroup[0].OverWrite=true
table.StorageGroup[0].PicturePathRule=%y-%M-%d/%c/jpg/%h/%m/%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].jpg
table.StorageGroup[0].RecordPathRule=%y-%M-%d/%c/dav/%h/%h.%m.%s-%h.%m.%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].%t
table.StorageGroup[0].Memo=For Reading & Writing Files
table.StorageGroup[0].Name=ReadWrite
table.StorageGroup[0].Channels[0].MaxPictures=0
table.StorageGroup[0].Channels[0].Path=none
table.StorageGroup[1].FileHoldTime=0
table.StorageGroup[1].OverWrite=true
table.StorageGroup[1].PicturePathRule=%y-%M-%d/pic_%c/%h/%h.%m.%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].jpg
table.StorageGroup[1].RecordPathRule=%y-%M-%d/video_%c/%h/%h.%m.%s-%h.%m.%s[%E][%O@%S][%R].%t
table.StorageGroup[1].Memo=For FTP Files
table.StorageGroup[1].Name=Remote
table.StorageGroup[1].Channels[0].MaxPictures=0
table.StorageGroup[1].Channels[0].Path=none
table.StorageGroup[2].FileHoldTime=0
table.StorageGroup[2].OverWrite=false
table.StorageGroup[2].PicturePathRule=none
table.StorageGroup[2].RecordPathRule=none
table.StorageGroup[2].Memo=For Reading Files
table.StorageGroup[2].Name=ReadOnly
table.StorageGroup[2].Channels[0].MaxPictures=0
table.StorageGroup[2].Channels[0].Path=none
Any hint how to activate the destination ftp in the GUI ?
Otherwise we have to send it back.