HDBW4431R-AS SD card issues

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I store events locally on the SD card, it seems to work fine. I can playback events without any problems.

After some time (couple of hours), probably when some events have been saved, the camera becomes "slow". Connecting to the camera with the gDMSS app or an RTSP viewer takes longer, up to 10-20 seconds and quite often it just cannot connect. Retrying a few times usually helps. The web interface becomes unresponsive as well.

I have this issue on 2 identical new cams, only difference is the lens (6 / 3.6 mm). I did some tests, it seems that formatting the SD card helps for a while. So it looks like the number of files written on the card makes a difference.

When I disable the SD card storage and use FTP (or no storage at all), the cams work great.

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In case anyone else experiences this in the future: I changed the resolution and codec, both cams have been working without issues for 9 days now.
New settings: Codec H.265, max. resolution.
Sub streams are default.

I can't explain why this works now, maybe there's a certain setting combination in the cams that they don't like.