[HD-CVI same as BNC?] Does this DVR support BNC cameras?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to get a new dvr to replace our old lorax one that used bnc cameras. Does this work?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y6J7TVF/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza
Your old Lorex likely used analog cameras (sometimes called "CVBS" for "Composite Video Blanking and Sync"); they likely have BNC connectors and should work with the Tribrid you linked.

FWIW, a BNC connector itself can be found not only on older analog/CVBS cameras but also the newer HD-CVI and HD-TVI cameras.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
AHD / TVI / CVI / CVBS are all technologies that (usually) use coax cable and bnc connectors.

Cvbs is the old standard analogue format. AHD, TVI AND CVI are newer technologies that allow HD images to be sent down a coax cable.

A hybrid recorder like that would be pretty good for you because it will run your old cameras, allow you to replace them with HD cameras that can use the same infrastructure, or add new IP cameras on to the system.

aaronboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! I couldnt find anything in regards to BNC connectors and the units HD-CVI/CVBS inputs. This is what happens when IT is put in charge of the task. I told the company I'm with to think about investing in NVR's in the future, because I'm more familiar dealing with Cat5e and such lol.