Hawk catching a mole?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That hawk did not waste anytime once he had the mole in his mouth. He flew off right away.
I'd LOVE to hire that hawk right now....I've got 2 moles in the last week or so, 1 in the front yard and 1 in the back. Hard to walk because of the 2" deep tunnels that collapse when you walk.:mad:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen a hawk grab an egret fishing in the creek then hold it's head underwater to drown it before dragging it to land to eat it. Life is so cruel. So glad Publix and Winn Dixie are doing the dirty work for me. Imagine me trying to hold a cow's head underwater much less dragging it to land.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve have decent luck with this style trap
View attachment 191795

On the other hand they’re just aerating the yard and eating up to 80% of their body weight in bugs per day, including cicadas.
The problem is one tunnelled under the chainlink fence and into the dog area. My stepson's 9 year old male Yorkie can dig a hole big enough to drop a 5 gallon gas can into in less than 5 minutes...I swear that dog has a tiny backhoe stashed somewhere.

I've filled in one and a few days later I had my stepson fill another. :facepalm: