Having trouble with short lived motion events and deepstack. Problem seems to be on blue iris side.

dz93

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been having issues with short lived motion events not being able to detect objects that it should be detecting such as a person.

If I go outside for only two or three seconds then come back in quick, blue iris will almost always cancel the alert due to "nothing found". So blueiris must be detecting motion properly and begins sending images to deepstack but for some reason gets cancelled. When I played that clip back it clearly detected me as a person with 80%+ confidence which is well above my threshold. I feed deepstack about 20 real time images to give every chance possible to find something but this doesn't seem like it's working like I think it should.

I've set the camera to save the deepstack analysis and just ran outside and back in again, about three seconds, and when I reviewed the analysis file in blue iris I see four images sent to deepstack prior to the first motion detection, one at the motion detection, then only one more after the motion detection. What I see here is that blue iris stopped sending real time images to deepstack about 200ms after the first motion detection and that was it. This last image barely had me in the shot and so I wasn't even detected. What I'm wondering is why did blue iris stop sending images to deepstack after only 200ms after the T+0 mark? Despite having it set to send 20 real time images, deepstack only received 6 total images with only one image being after first motion detection (T+0). Any suggestions?

Shap

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same problem here - I opened a ticket. I went to the last stable release and it is working fine again, so I guess they did something wrong in BI.
You specify to send 5 images every 1 sec, and they may send any number, from 1 to 6.

But the problem is that if you open a deep stack analysis window you will see that images and motion rectangle are not correctly aligned.
So they send the image and tell DS to look in the coordinates that has no motion, so it found nothing.

The problem with support is that they reply once a week... They said it is main and sub stream sync problem, but it is not.

Here is what I had with the latest version: (see that yellow rectangle and person image is not aligned. )
1628891179727.png

dz93

n3wb
Reaction score
That's interesting. I've also had problems where deepstack clearly can detect a person but blue iris returns nothing found probably because of that issue you're having. But for me that's rare. That could possibly be part of the issue I'm having but for the most part I don't notice a lag that severe on the motion detection side of things. My main issue is deepstack simply not getting the full amount of images I specify to send to it. At least I'm not alone on this lol. Hopefully they get that worked out. I might try to revert back to the last stable release then if that's the case.