having problem to store more than 39.9GB on BI 4

Flash

n3wb
Reaction score
after installing a new windows 8.1 and a new WD purple hard drive (3TB), i can store only 39.9GB of video on it. everything in the "Clips and archiving tab" is in exactly the same way as before the new fresh install and hard drive. am i missing something or why is it only store that ammount of data. also using "move to folder" doesen't work anymore. no mather what i did or change under the clips and archiving tab doesen't work for now. if i Limit clip age, its still save me only that 39.9GB of data. feel frustrated right now, I hope someone has the answer for me :rapture:.

Flash

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a different disk for only windows installation. that purple drive is dedicated only for incoming data for Blue iris. that disk for blueiris use, is one huge partition, dont know is that good or bad, or is it better to split it smaler partitions ?!?...

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
one big partition for your stored video should be fine.

perhaps you could post some screen shots of your BI options / clips & archiving page for at least your New and Stored folders?

wcrowder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See the image below, this is a 4tb purple drive. Your drive is probably drive <E:> edit accordingly, reduce the "Limit folder size" to 2500 GB to give room for maintenance. This setup works for me. You have your drive setup correctly.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Flash

n3wb
Reaction score
I think problem solved !
dont know why, but only think that worked for me is unmark Limit clip age for alerts folders. why and how is it effect all other folders and settings i have ?