Having an issue with one of my cameras and SMS alerts

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok so camera #1 and camera #2 have the same SMS alert settings but I'm only receiving SMS alerts from camera #1. When I run test on camera #2 I receive a text though.. Also camera #2 I set up email alerts and I receive those. I can use email alerts but my wife likes having the SMS. I'm running version 5.3.6.7

Both camera SMS settings

Camera #2 email set up

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You are sure that camera 2 is triggering, right?

Edit. Nevermind I see you said you are receiving emails on that one

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not sure if it would make a difference, but have you tried to deactivate alerts on cam 2, save, then go back in and re add them?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're showing that you're using the MMS dropdown; have you tried the SMS dropdown?

Alternatively, you could try e-mailing the alert to Your10digitCell@mms.att.net (if image attached) or Your10digitCell@txt.att.net (no image attached).

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're showing that you're using the MMS dropdown; have you tried the SMS dropdown?

Alternatively, you could try e-mailing the alert to Your10digitCell@mms.att.net (if image attached) or Your10digitCell@txt.att.net (no image attached).
Before I posted this thread I tried it out and it still didn't work on this camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also camera #2 I set up email alerts and I receive those. I can use email alerts but my wife likes having the SMS.
Before I posted this thread I tried it out and it still didn't work on this camera.
But e-mailing (which works for camera #2 you said) to Your10digitCell@mms.att.net will be received just like a SMS text.....did you try that?

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But e-mailing (which works for camera #2 you said) to Your10digitCell@mms.att.net will be received just like a SMS text.....did you try that?
Yeah that doesn't work as well. If I click the test button I get the mms with picture still.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the help pdf...
Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience

So it is totally possible that it will not work for that particular camera even though the test works. But since it works for another camera - I suspect there is a setting that is different between the two - either the alert is not on for the profile or missing a check box somewhere.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From the help pdf...
Note that when testing, the action set runs in the console UI process. If you are running Blue
Iris as a service in the background, “real” action sets run in the service process, and this can
create discrepancies in what you experience

So it is totally possible that it will not work for that particular camera even though the test works. But since it works for another camera - I suspect there is a setting that is different between the two - either the alert is not on for the profile or missing a check box somewhere.
I agree. If you look at the pictures I posted both cameras have the same settings under alerts. I could be missing another setting in another area, but don't know where else to look. My two other cameras work work with going into this setting area and putting in the same info. I,m going to delete the camera and add it again.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK... I deleted the camera and after adding it with the same SMS alert settings it works. Don't know why but I'll take it! Thanks