Have you switched from DeepStack to CodeProject.AI? Poll

Have you switched from DeepStack to CodeProject.AI?

• I am not using any AI and never will

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I am curious what BI versions are necessary in order to consider investigating DS or AI? I'm currently stuck at BI 5.5.9.6.
1674695838030.png

^^^^ that's what I'm running with DS

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Release 5.5.7.11 x64 (6/7/2022)

^^^^ that's what I'm running with DS
In 5.5.9.6 x64 I see them both listed on the AI tab. Won't BI continue to be independent and support either one?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In 5.5.9.6 x64 I see them both listed on the AI tab. Won't BI continue to be independent and support either one?
As I mentioned in my post, every version beyond 5.5.8 runs the risk of Deepstack not working. As CodeProject gets more integrated with BI, there will something that will break functionality with Deepstack. We have seen many threads here where people updated and their Deepstack quit working.

If you want Deepstack, then you sit on a version that is stable for you and do not update for the sake of updating.

Many of us are on an older version before CodeProject. There has been nothing added in BI that I want or need, so I am staying with my version that works with Deepstack until BI adds something I want, then I will make the switch if Deepstack goes south.

Actually I may be switching soon now that they added ALPR, but I won't do it until I have time to mess with it.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Running 5.5.9.6 and no issues here, I would love to switch to CodeProject, but I just got Deepstack stable! I'll probably do the same as above and wait until there is a good change I want

Reaction score
I am still using deep stack because it is still working fine, ... deep stack is fully working except when it pukes due to too many orphaned temp files...
Registered to say a huge "thanks" for this comment.

My BI/Deepstack install stopped alerting days ago. Just found 24gb of temp files.

Vote-wise... I was going to move to the 'new' thing, but I'm back up and running after a temp file purge. I usually reboot every ~90 days just for kicks. Been running flawlessly for almost a year now on a lenovo 'tiny' series pc.

i7-8700t, 16gb, 4tb ssd, quadro p620

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Registered to say a huge "thanks" for this comment.

My BI/Deepstack install stopped alerting days ago. Just found 24gb of temp files.

Vote-wise... I was going to move to the 'new' thing, but I'm back up and running after a temp file purge. I usually reboot every ~90 days just for kicks. Been running flawlessly for almost a year now on a lenovo 'tiny' series pc.

i7-8700t, 16gb, 4tb ssd, quadro p620
Still running a version of BI from September and Deepstack. Still working, still need to reinstall deepstack when there are too many orphaned temp files, most recently last week. For now, I am too lazy to move to Project AI. But the time will come, you can no longer download the Windows version of Deepstack. At least I can't find it on their site.

Reaction score
Still running a version of BI from September and Deepstack. Still working, still need to reinstall deepstack when there are too many orphaned temp files, most recently last week. For now, I am too lazy to move to Project AI. But the time will come, you can no longer download the Windows version of Deepstack. At least I can't find it on their site.
I ran a disk cleanup. It dropped 24gb of temp files. Rebooted. Immediately started recognizing objects again.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
spoke too soon.... after last night's temp cleanup/testing... no more detections this morning

installing new s/w now
I'm curious how long your install of CPAI takes. This seems to vary, for me on 3 different installs it took 1hour 20 minutes.

Reaction score
I'm curious how long your install of CPAI takes. This seems to vary, for me on 3 different installs it took 1hour 20 minutes.
I am RDP into the box... and lost track of the install time. I can say it finished at least 10 mins ago, so according to forum timestamps, no more than 35 mins.

I had to change the port before detection started working. So far so good...

Disappointed that DS croaked after working perfectly for almost a year.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am RDP into the box... and lost track of the install time. I can say it finished at least 10 mins ago, so according to forum timestamps, no more than 35 mins.

I had to change the port before detection started working. So far so good...

Disappointed that DS croaked after working perfectly for almost a year.
Seems that my DS just died , it started with AI: timeout, reinstalled and now have eror 404 and not responding.
manually analyzing works fine. maybe its time to upgrade to codeproject ...

Reaction score
Seems that my DS just died , it started with AI: timeout, reinstalled and now have eror 404 and not responding.
manually analyzing works fine. maybe its time to upgrade to codeproject ...
Can try your temp files in the windows temp folder (and the DS folder also). This helped me a bit... then it died again.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can try your temp files in the windows temp folder (and the DS folder also). This helped me a bit... then it died again.
yep i deleted both deepstack from C: and from my appdata folder. did a full reinstall.
i have a feeling a BI update jacked up deepstack as its now showing if i manually try to run it.
I tried a few forums that stated to copy and name deepstack.exe to server.exe but no go
1680699264067.png

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS worked flawless for me until one day it didn’t. It was probably due to a BI upgrade. So, now I running CPAI and I get all kinds of fale positives. Trees, clouds, bugs, shadows. most of the time it doesn’t record an alert. But it damn sure sends push notifications on “N_A nothing found”. I can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong. Maybe I need a more powerful computer with GPU. Currently running i700 etc.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Updating BI for kicks and grins was what you did wrong lol. Did they add something that you needed or wanted? I am still on BI version from over a year ago because Deepstack flat out works for me and I new eventually a BI update would break Deepstack.

Since you aren't getting timed out errors, I don't think it is your computer that is the issue. It is your settings.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
her is the wonky part, i ended up exporting my config and re-importing it and everything's working fine now.