Have you switched from DeepStack to CodeProject.AI? Poll

Have you switched from DeepStack to CodeProject.AI?

• I am not using any AI and never will

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Are most of you going to be ok with CPAI if it ends up going to subscription service? I'm not saying it is going to, just looking at trends and following the money.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gwminor48 Always possible. For now, the code is open source and available at GitHub - codeproject/CodeProject.AI-Server: CodeProject SenseAI is a self contained service that software developers can include in, and distribute with, their applications in order to augment their apps with the power of AI.

If CPAI goes commercial, anyone can continue to develop a community version using the codebase.

P.S. A commercial offering is not a bad thing. For some customers, having a commercial product with a support contract is appealing.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@gwminor48 Always possible. For now, the code is open source and available at GitHub - codeproject/CodeProject.AI-Server: CodeProject SenseAI is a self contained service that software developers can include in, and distribute with, their applications in order to augment their apps with the power of AI.

If CPAI goes commercial, anyone can continue to develop a community version using the codebase.

P.S. A commercial offering is not a bad thing. For some customers, having a commercial product with a support contract is appealing.
How is Sentry working out....

Reaction score
My CPAI quit working ~2 days ago. This was on a pc that was running for ~3 months.

Reboot - nothing
upgrade bi from x.2 to current - works again

go figure...

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running Frigate with Coral on server machine to send alerts via MQTT to machine running older version of BI with continuous recording.

nonono

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any compelling reason to switch off of deepstack today? I tried CPAI and had a handful of minor issues and couldn't discern how it was any better so I reverted to DS.

I'm sure eventually I'll have to switch, but is there any compelling reason to feature/performance wise today?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any compelling reason to switch off of deepstack today? I tried CPAI and had a handful of minor issues and couldn't discern how it was any better so I reverted to DS.

I'm sure eventually I'll have to switch, but is there any compelling reason to feature/performance wise today?
If Deepstack works for you, continue with what works.

I am still using Deepstack. The only reason I will switch will be when I decide to try the ANPR module.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm still using DeepStack for now, as I'm only using it on two cameras. When I decide to add more cams for AI, then I may switch to using CodeProject.AI.

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I switched from Deepstack about a week ago now. Seems like everytime I upgraded Blue Iris to the latest version that Deepstack would start timing out. Usually a couple of computer reboots would take care of it. But when it didn't I decided to give CodeProject.AI. Took a little longer than I thought it would to get it working but it's working just as good if not better than Deepstack. I've noticed the old Deepstack URL is no longer working

Does that mean it's no longer being supported?

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually running both right now.
Deepstack with the AITool for specific objects and codeproject on Blueiris with ipcam combined.
Only been with codeproject for a week now impressed with the integration and functionality. Using curl for telegram notifications

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just switched to CP this week. Was reluctant to make the change because of difficulties reported here by others, and because DeepStack was satisfying my needs. I was only using DS on a couple of cameras at different times, but was pleased with how it was working. But DS processing times were in the 450 ms range, and would peg the CPU on my 2nd gen i7 that was running 9 cams, so I knew further expansion needed different hardware. A neighborhood incident 3 weeks ago prompted the need to expand my system’s capabilities.

I switched to CP as part of my “new” BI build, on a 7th gen i7. My plan was to get that box up and running in parallel with the original machine, then simply shut off the old one and leave it on the shelf as a backup that could simply be plugged back in and restarted if the new box crashed. About 2 days after starting the test period, I felt confident enough to switch off the machine that has been my BI box for the past 2 years. With CP and the “new” CPU, I’m seeing AI detection times in the 150 ms range, and am using the AI on a couple more cameras.

batch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
wondering if folks are still a fan of CP vs DS? still running DS and aside from all the temp files filling up my pc its been great.

Pentagano

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran DS for a good 2 years until Blueiris was more developed with CPAI.
Swapped over to CPAI and been very happy with it so far.
I have codeproject on another server as a container and works great

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope the newest version is easier to install. Some people have no problem, it was such an enormous pain in the ass for me to install I went back to Deepstack, taking 5 or 10 minutes to install.

hapstabu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I changed to CPAI from Deep stack about six months ago. I am currently on ver 2.5.1.

Sent from my iPlay_50 using Tapatalk