Have a question about a NVR?

Bhumes737

n3wb
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E v2.0 16 channel with 16 poe ports built in. I have 2 ip cameras on my home network. My question is when I plug the NVR into my home network can I configure the NVR to see the cameras, that are on my home network with out using a poe port. Is my first time working with this kind of camera system. Thanks

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you mean two (2) non dahua IP cameras to be connected to your new NVR, not using the poe ports? If that is the case, check if the cameras are ONVIF. But if they are both poe enable, better connect directly to your poe NVR. Is actually more secure since is a switch with a different subnet. For example, your home network is in the 192.168.0.XX (same as the NVR), while poe switch could be at 10.0.0.XX

Bhumes737

n3wb
Reaction score
I will have to check on the ONVIF part. I know one cam has the ability for Poe and the other does not. As of now both cameras have there own power adapter.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If they both have network addresses on the same network as your NVR, yes. It should find them and you should be able to record them. Being non-Dahua cameras its likely you wont have some functionality such as Motion Detection, but they should record.

You will need to manually add them on the registration page of the NVR. And then go into the Edit icon (pencil) and tell the NVR the correct password for the camera.

See this thread