Has anyone heard about lux pro cameras?

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a guy who someone in my neighborhood recommended but he only installs lux pro cameras. I couldn't find much detail online. Wondering if this is a good brand or not.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a guy who someone in my neighborhood recommended but he only installs lux pro cameras. I couldn't find much detail online. Wondering if this is a good brand or not.
Hi S0619212

Is this the products they are selling?

Reaction score
Following your link and then doing a search on the cam shows this cam to be a 4MP turret with over 20 IR LEDs surrounding the lens. No other info could be found other than a reseller (MSTR) is selling it for $70. It looks to me that this cam is an old cheap cam that is probably worth about $30. Do not expect any video performance from this cam. Plus the NVR is a 4 channel so no way to expand in the future.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not a good brand. Images in daylight will look great as nearly all cameras do but when the night comes, you'll be left wishing for better quality and then spending more $$. Check with Andy on this site for his store. Many here use him.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Matt.

This is the one he is selling

Hi @S0619212

I highly recommend getting more than a 4 port / channel recorder... only exception is if you feel you only need 2 cameras.. seriously once you learn about the actual capacities and limits to the cameras in the real world, during times when people are masked and out of jobs.. you will want a LOT more cameras.

If the contractor only recommend just a 4 channel NVR I would look for someone else.. ( unless you are in a condo or something which limits your exposure, to only needing to cover the front door and back door... )

what was recommended:

1601151163537.png

FYI - the picture of the cameras in the kit above DO NOT match the model when I do a search
1601151266394.png

1601152095079.png

Last edited:

S0619212

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Following your link and then doing a search on the cam shows this cam to be a 4MP turret with over 20 IR LEDs surrounding the lens. No other info could be found other than a reseller (MSTR) is selling it for $70. It looks to me that this cam is an old cheap cam that is probably worth about $30. Do not expect any video performance from this cam. Plus the NVR is a 4 channel so no way to expand in the future.
Hi @S0619212

I highly recommend getting more than a 4 port / channel recorder... only exception is if you feel you only need 2 cameras.. seriously once you learn about the actual capacities and limits to the cameras in the real world, during times when people are masked and out of jobs.. you will want a LOT more cameras.

If the contractor only recommend just a 4 channel NVR I would look for someone else.. ( unless you are in a condo or something which limits your exposure, to only needing to cover the front door and back door... )

what was recommended:
View attachment 71402
Thank you everyone in taking time in replying. I will definitely pass on this one, I wanted to all myself..just little skeptical running ethernet in attic though it had space. I will give it a try .

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you everyone in taking time in replying. I will definitely pass on this one, I wanted to all myself..just little skeptical running ethernet in attic though it had space. I will give it a try .
Hi @S0619212

Some houses are very easy to DIY install, recommend at least going through the thought process.

Feel free to do that, and if you want make a plan and see what others have done here.

Once you have tried it and planned it out, see what other members think of it.

In general, use the info in the cliff notes to help you figure this out.