has any seen the elder system for LPR?

Reaction score
This is nothing special. Just a run of the mill bullet cam with a 2.8-12mm varifocal lens. No way you can get 160-230 feet for a plate. That is probably the IR distance and that is pushing it.

They have added some software for the plate ID.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is nothing special. Just a run of the mill bullet cam with a 2.8-12mm varifocal lens. No way you can get 160-230 feet for a plate. That is probably the IR distance and that is pushing it.

They have added some software for the plate ID.
Thanks. Probably better off with LPR437B-IR from Dahua. I can repurpose my old NVR5216-16P-4KS2E and support Andy. And maybe update the NVR. In PA, plates are still on the rear only and we are in a residential street. SO expectations are not high. The Blue iris system gives me good coverage of the house and surrounding area.

Never thought much about LPR as the neighborhood was pretty quiet. Until the local police knocked on the door asking if they could review footage of my cameras as there was an armed robbery. They were impressed with the cams ( I did;t have the heart to tell them to open the gun safes... they would have been more impressed). Otherwise they would have understood why the auto-tracking only follows visitors going into the house..... no need to track motionless bodies going out.

I just hadnt seen this brand ( Elder) before. Whenever they say "designed in.. country..." , I worry.

Lucian

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ordered the LPR437B-IR from Andy. The refurbished ones were too tempting of a price. My other question is whether folks have had better luck using it with the BI LPR or using the NVR5216-16P-4KS2E ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find the camera to be more accurate than the BI LPR and if you have the NVR I would use the camera so you don't lose bandwidth.