Hardware and Software option to replace Unifi Gear (HOME)

SuperMiguel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good morning all, I currently have 8 6 outdoors and 2 indoors ( unifi G3 cameras, and 5 of them are having some “Night/IR” related issues, either the filter is stuck or the IR is not turning on, they are old out of warranty so probably going to look elsewhere. I also use their NVR (Unifi Key Gen key +). I feel like their software is meh, so thats another reason ill be switching so here are my questions:

1) Software i guess the clear winner here is Blue Iris? How good does Blue Iris run on virtualized environments like ESXI, UNRAID, Proxmox

2) As far as hardware i currently have all of my cameras mounted on a wall since they are turret style. I saw many of you recommending the dahua 5442 series camera like: Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS 2.8mm Fixed Lens 4MP Starlight+ WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera English Version
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S21FVC7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_DIMsFbPF543J9

Is that camera my best bet? this is for my house and want to be sure i buy the right equipment

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

reflection

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blue Iris works great on ESXi. There are some threads that describe it. You will need hardware acceleration so that means you will passthrough the GPU (either integrated or discrete).