Hard reset IP Camera

Milin

n3wb
Reaction score
How can I hard reset Hikvison 2335 3MP camera as unable to find reset button

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure with that particular model. I have some 4mp turrets that have a very small reset button located on the cable. Yours doesn't have this? If not maybe someone familiar with that model will answer you.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How can I hard reset Hikvison 2335 3MP camera as unable to find reset button
I don't have any Hiks but found these instructions below that may help. The original text is ==>> here.

How to Factory Reset a Hikvision Camera using a reset button

Modified on: Wed, 3 May, 2017 at 7:33 AM

NOTE:

• This assumes you can't login to the camera to reset by going through the web GUI, to reset from the web GUI, click here
•This procedure only works if the camera actually has a reset button. Some cameras do not or they are not accessible without taking them apart. This procedure works assuming the camera does have a reset button.

Notice:

This will reset all settings to factory default. This includes the password, any added user accounts, and set the IP to the default address (usually 192.0.0.64 or 192.168.1.64).

1) disconnect power to the camera (either through the 12VDC or POE source)
2) press and old the reset button
3) while holding down the reset button, apply power back to the camera
4) hold the reset button for 30+ seconds and then release
5) the camera should finish booting up and be reset to factory settings

Location of reset buttons:

•Mini-bullets usually have the reset button on the back outside housing
•Turrets have no reset button accessible unless the camera is fully taken apart.
•Domes usually have the reset button inside on the main board. It might not be labeled
•Larger cameras usually have the reset button near the SD card slots.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I have seen that before and I was curious why it said there was no accessible button on turrets. I reset one of mine just last week using the reset button on a rectangular portion of the cable. It must be there only limited models.