Hard Drive

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can hold about 8 days of recording, This morning going to check the recording and I only had 1 day of recording starting at midnight to the time I checked. For some reason it had to reformat on its own. Anyone ever have this problem? The NVR is 4208-8P-4KS2

Reaction score
I can hold about 8 days of recording, This morning going to check the recording and I only had 1 day of recording starting at midnight to the time I checked. For some reason it had to reformat on its own. Anyone ever have this problem? The NVR is 4208-8P-4KS2
What brand and model of hard disk drive is it?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I know most NVRs will simply overwrite the oldest data with new data once the drive is full, but is it possible that your equipment erases the drive when it gets full and starts again from an empty drive?

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know most NVRs will simply overwrite the oldest data with new data once the drive is full, but is it possible that your equipment erases the drive when it gets full and starts again from an empty drive?
I have had it running for about 2 years. Yes it always overwrites the oldest video until today. I woke up to a erased drive except for midnight to morning.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My guess, it is probably just a bug preventing it from displaying the videos. Does the NVR have any kind of ability to rescan the hard drive for video files? Maybe just rebooting the NVR might bring back the older video.

I really doubt it just suddenly deleted all your past video. Unless you have the NVR accessible to the internet, in which case it may have been hacked and then anything can happen.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It has to be a Smart PSS problem. The video is on my NVR but does not show up on the Smart PSS program.