Hall of shame

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^^
NO! Say it isn't so! Even if it's a legit picture, it would be sending 240 into a 120 device.
Speaking of European outlets, once when visiting Germany I put a new plug on my mother-in-law's electric iron, with all the confidence of an electrical expert. Turns out a single strand from one conductor squirted out from under its screw and contacted the other side of the plug. When I proudly plugged it in there was a huge, sharp BANG! Nobody was impressed with my expert status.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^^^
NO! Say it isn't so! Even if it's a legit picture, it would be sending 240 into a 120 device.
Speaking of European outlets, once when visiting Germany I put a new plug on my mother-in-law's electric iron, with all the confidence of an electrical expert. Turns out a single strand from one conductor squirted out from under its screw and contacted the other side of the plug. When I proudly plugged it in there was a huge, sharp BANG! Nobody was impressed with my expert status.
I've seen a lot of 220/240v devices with standard NA plugs. Cuba operates on both 120 and 240 and "usually" the 240 receptacles are marked as so. My buddy accidentally plugged a 120v angle grinder into an unmarked 240v receptacle. The grinder almost jumped out of his hand before the BANG you mentioned.

When he took it to see if it could be rewound, he said the entire motor assembly was basically one molten mass.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
My wife has those exact same tweezers, originally from Kenya, the tweezers and the wife

We also have similar TSA approved padlocks
So, does the wife....
use the tweezers the same way?

Never mind.:D

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I’ve definitely stood on a ladder in the bucket of tractor a few times.

At least he’s not trimming or trying to cut down a tree, I was not either, but they make for great YouTube videos when somebody does while they’re on a ladder

When I was young and dumb I took a tree out next to my barn off of a Skytrack while standing on a pallet..... I was over 40' up.

Thinking back at that one, that was not the smartest choice I ever made in life.

But I have never voted for a democrat.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the point of that fan, is it something that is instantly recognised in the US as I have no clue.
Wouldn't that be blowing out hot air?
Looks to me to be a HVAC unit with a heat pump for winter heat (fan blows cold air) and compressor for summer cool (fan blows hot air).