Guy casing house sees cam, and decides to move on.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
cant tell you how many times I been profiled by Shopping security.. long haired hippies cant afford that, follow him! even though I make more money than anyone working for a retail giant.

one time I was at CircuitCity comparing two flash cards by spending the time to read the packaging and making a decision.. Apparently took too much time, put the other back on the shelf and then strolled around the store to see if any new games or car stereo equipment could make me spend more money.. suddenly every employee was very helpfull and asking me if I needed anything, told em no I had what I came for and was just browsing..

When I bought the flash card, I noticed the clerk went out of his way to put it in the bag w/out getting it near the security magnet neutralizer.. ah fuck, he handed me my bag and of course as I walked out the door the alarm went off and before I could blink there was 2 guards at my shoulder asking me to empty my coat and pockets.. After getting searched they asked me where the other card was and I told em I put it back on the shelf.. they handed me my bag and recipt and I went right to the returns desk, got my money back and never stepped foot in a CircuitCity again.. good riddens, was happy to see em go out of business.. Dont treat nerdy neckbeards like thief's when they are the ones with the biggest electronics budgets.
Awwww you were being nice to them letting them search you. They had no right or the authority to search you in the first place unless they witness a crime themselves :)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I was young and dumb, that shit would never fly now.. now days I just shrug and keep walking, but thankfully the internet shopping and getting married has made those monthly occurrences now very rare

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Techbill,

Good point. So the alarm at the door went off.
Hand the bag to greeter.
Move through the door again.
No alarm? Well then, the checkout person didn't demagnetize the purchased item.
No reason to search someone.

Though that doesn't work with TSA. My fake knee results in an up-close-and-personal pat-down....

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Shoot, door alarms falsely going off so much around here that no one hardly blinks anymore. My wife and I don't hesitate anymore when they go off when are on the way out.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not sure why he had to put his ear to the door... or why he would stare at the cameras. When I was in retail loss prevention, we would see some one look up at the cameras in the ceiling and we would immediately know that we had a shoplifter.
I do that but I'm checking what brand and model of cameras they're using...