Gunshine State

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I am all for defending your own home but the home owner was kind of asking for this break in when he goes plastering his gun collection on social media sites.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont know about "asking for it" but yes in today's twisted society with so many twisted F%@ks that seem to think everything they want should be free or they'll steal it and that that's acceptable, you're right.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont know about "asking for it" but yes in today's twisted society with so many twisted F%@ks that seem to think everything they want should be free or they'll steal it and that that's acceptable, you're right.
The news mentioned the possibly reason of those twisted folks are lead to his home because of his gun collection posted on social media site which is mostly a public domain sites that can be viewable by the same twisted folks knowing he have something worth stealing and hope they are a better shot than him when they show up with loaded gun ready to shoot.

I have 4 kids with oldest being 12 years old and a good shooter but the last thing I want to do increase the risk to my children by bragging about something of value worth of stealing for those twisted folks to gamble and take a chance of thinking they can overcome me and my children to our valuable.

Again, he was kind of asking for it if that was the case .........

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Darwin is still hard at work with those two!

There was a millenial, I guess a millenial, that went to a COVID19 Party, AKA CCP virus party. This was the kind of party where the guests try to get the CCP virus. Well, one did, ended up in the hospital, went rapidly downhill and he died. Once again, Darwin is proven correct.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No but the cylinder might not turn on occasion LOL

..and you only have 6 shots and slow reload times. One of the leading youtube gun channels recently did a video about this. In a recent defence situation a store clerk shot an intruder 16 times. Was found reasonable force by the local Court in the circumstances of the crime. Video is up on youtube. However, one thing of relevence is that shootings are not like on tv. Often they involve large numbers of shots not least of which because handguns lack stopping power esepcially the defacto calibre of 9mm. Factor in that at any kind of standoff range, the FBI hit rate in actual gun fights despite being some of the most highly trained profesionals is only 20% ie 80% miss rate under stress, then the need for a 15 or 16 shot capacity handgun becomes apparent and that means semi-auto. These days it's a brave man that takes a revolver to a gun fight. Then again it's better than the UK where you can only take a telephone.

Reaction score
No but the cylinder might not turn on occasion LOL
I competed in defensive handgun competitions for years. Was an IDPA Safety Officer, designed matches/scenarios, worked regional and State competitions. I am currently an NRA certified RSO and volunteer RSO at my local gun club here in Houston. I have seen lots of folks fire all different kinds of guns.

As @sebastiantombs states, I have never seen a revolver jam. But I have seen lots of revolver shooters short stroke and skip a round and then have to fire on 5 empty cylinders to finally get that one round fired. I have seen them fumble reloads. Of course I have seen SA shooters fumble reloads also. Everyone of my 9mm and .45 have at least 12 in the gun to start. So a revolver shooter has to reload at least twice as often.

Having said all of that. I have personally seen Jerry Miculek shoot a revolver, six shots, reload, six more shots, way faster than I could drain a 12 round mag!

Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/EatonCountySheriff/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARDXhQbHdxLk5GnpMBLnMRQDcLE8H85EkG3Lp8b8vSVem4aOBaG8FiwuEH97aOd6NpF4te-zAFXjWE-9

This officer fired 10 shots that finally dropped the perp. It is hard to tell, but I do not think she hit him until round seven. He hits her gun lodging it out of battery and she recovers and takes three more shots. He finally reacts to being shot after shot 8 with an 'oaw'.

Edit. Tried to share the link, but it came up with not authorized. You will have to scroll down a little to find the body camera footage. This happened this morning.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to say my handgun choice would be 10mm. More stopping power than a 9mm but less recoil than a .357 Mag so faster follow up shots and no revolver handicap. 10mm is somewhat controversial though. Love it or hate it calibre. Then again for close in home defence, it's hard to beat a short barelled shot gun or .458 SOCOM AR15, that latter being a calibre specifically designed for house clearance and 1 shot kill at close range. There's an interesting video of Jerry with a shotgun - think it might be the Winchester SX3 which at the time was the worlds fastest shotgun. From memory he did somehting like 16 shots in 1.6 seconds and hit all the targets.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to hold NRA trainer certs in rifle, pistol and shotgun as well a junior trainer certs. I've done a lot of handgun shooting. I can still get 18 rounds off, into the X at 30 feet, in 10 seconds with a .357 without much of a problem. Speed loaders make it so easy to do. Problem is Speed loaders are built to fit each specific gun.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to hold NRA trainer certs in rifle, pistol and shotgun as well a junior trainer certs. I've done a lot of handgun shooting. I can still get 18 rounds off, into the X at 30 feet, in 10 seconds with a .357 without much of a problem. Speed loaders make it so easy to do. Problem is Speed loaders are built to fit each specific gun.

I have a great deal of respect for those who have mastered the wheelgun :clap: I'm just not that coordinated