green triangle beneath camera and main stream status but nothing in BI status and no information what it means

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In BI sometimes I see a green triangle next to a camera.
What does this green triangle mean?
BI itself has the BI Status where (as I understand) all messages from all cameras are gathered (I see a signal restore where I switched off a camera, so the status collects messages).

But with this green triangle to the camera no message entry is generated there and I do not know why this green triangle shows up or what it means.
When I open the camera settings I see the status with the stream, the main stream data and below a blue bar and sometimes the mentioned green triangle.
But there the triangle appears to be cropped, at least the bottom is not visible.

Is there an additional status page just for the specific camera not gathered in the BI status messages?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI-play-green-triangle.jpg

Does it look the above? If so, the explanation can be found in BI's built-in "Help" file (the big ? at the upper left) under "Shield, Profiles and Schedules" => "Run, Hold and Temporary Profiles" and it states:

When a schedule is running normally and the active profile is set automatically, this is called the “run” state and a green play icon is shown.

If that's not it, please provide a screenshot of the triangle.

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
it is sporadic so I have trouble getting a screenshot...
Here is the main window, this cam has no IR so black only currently:

I also saw the same green triangle but bigger on the right side of the blue bar on the bottom but have not managed to get that on screenshot:

Edit:
hold on... there it is on a different camera:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So the first one with a black screen could mean that the camera is interpreting it as lost signal. Go into Watchdog and uncheck the Monochrome is a lost signal box and will probably take care of that one.

It will throw that triangle if the KEY is less than 0.4. That would be the second number in the 11.24/0.34 fps number and explains that one.

It will show up if there is a network bottleneck that is usually the result of cheaper switches. I see you are not using substreams so you could be overloading your PC and that will cause it too.

It can also show up if the power supply is failing.

I am sure it shows up for other stuff as well, but I know for sure those.

Post a screenshot of your BI camera status page that shows camera name, FPS, KEY, etc. and at bottom is a MP/s - we need to see all of that.