Green/Gray bars on clip playback

BillRitz

n3wb
Reaction score
Green and Gray Bars.png
I rebooted and this started, so it's something I've changed in the last week or so that needed the reboot to activate. It happens on replay of clips at main stream resolution, and I don't think it's related to CPU because my CPU runs only about 9%-14%, and I use about 1.2 GB RAM of 8. If I export the recorded file to MPEG4 I see the bars there, so is seems it's in the recording process rather than the playback. I thought it was something to do with hardware accelerated decode, so I changed all the cameras individual tabs to Default, and then tried each one on the main camera tab including No with reboots (the computer is a Dell with Intel video), with no luck. Has anybody seen anything like this? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 74807
I rebooted and this started, so it's something I've changed in the last week or so that needed the reboot to activate. It happens on replay of clips at main stream resolution, and I don't think it's related to CPU because my CPU runs only about 9%-14%, and I use about 1.2 GB RAM of 8. If I export the recorded file to MPEG4 I see the bars there, so is seems it's in the recording process rather than the playback. I thought it was something to do with hardware accelerated decode, so I changed all the cameras individual tabs to Default, and then tried each one on the main camera tab including No with reboots (the computer is a Dell with Intel video), with no luck. Has anybody seen anything like this? Any ideas will be appreciated.
I just went through something similar in my auto tracking camera I would replay motion recordings from the blue iris app and would get a green screen every few seconds I had to delete my camera and add it again in blue iris with out using my substreams not sure if that will help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
No need to reboot to change a hardware acceleration option. You just need to restart the camera in Blue Iris.

Try setting the i-frame interval equal to the frame rate in the camera's web interface.

You could also try measuring packet loss to the camera to see if it is having network trouble. This app could do that easily.

BillRitz

n3wb
Reaction score
bp2008: This is happening in the main Blue Iris program, not with remote access. I thought i-frame was the multiple for sending stuff out to the web; am I wrong about that and it can affect playback of clips in the main program?

Flavacali: (BTW, your cat looks a lot like ours) When I loaded my cameras as ONVIF they all put /profile1 in for the main stream specification. I knew my cameras had 3 streams set up, so I tried /profile3 in the sub stream area, and it reduced my CPU down to 14%. I was ecstatic until I tried playing back clips and got nothing but green and grey bars. I took out all the specs for sub streams and now I'm backup to 75% CPU, but at least I can see the clips.