Great way to see the tops of perps heads!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Saw these Wyze outdoor camera gutter mounts while skimming Home Depot web pages and found them amusing.

I don't have PVC gutters like shown but do have aluminum. I just thought I'd share in case someone doesn't want to mount at an optimum 7 to 8 feet for possible face ID but instead prefers to see just the tops of people's heads. :lmao:

wyze-cam-gutter-mt.jpg

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Although I never went through with the plan, but I was considering gutter mounting a solar panel powered wifi camera when first looking to install a security camera few years ago.

My thoughts at the time was just trying to find the easiest way to put up a security camera with no wall drilling and wire run needed. :D

Sammyf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Although I never went through with the plan, but I was considering gutter mounting a solar panel powered wifi camera when first looking to install a security camera few years ago.

My thoughts at the time was just trying to find the easiest way to put up a security camera with no wall drilling and wire run needed. :D
I’d assume easy installation and avoiding drilling being the case for most of us before learning about cams. Drilling through your (new to you) home’s exterior walls can be quite intimidating.

And if one never had this thought about getting for their home some easy to install wifi cameras, they probably have seen it in their worst nightmares :lol:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a cam mounted just above the entryway door from the attached garage to the house. Every time I see where I walked in I think, "DANG, I make Colonel Klink look good!"... :rofl:
Yeah, I've been working on my bald spot for several years now...my wife calls it my "solar panel" ! :lmao:

My late, balding stepfather always said "hey, I'm not bald...I just have a VERY wide part in my hair."

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Saw these Wyze outdoor camera gutter mounts while skimming Home Depot web pages and found them amusing.

I don't have PVC gutters like shown but do have aluminum. I just thought I'd share in case someone doesn't want to mount at an optimum 7 to 8 feet for possible face ID but instead prefers to see just the tops of people's heads. :lmao:

View attachment 157675
Seeing the top of my head, and my rapidly advancing male pattern baldness, on one of my cameras is what made me start shaving my head! lol