Got everything in today

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Everything came in today from an Aliexpress vendor, very impressed with shipping speed, I also ordered 2 4tb HDD from Ebay and was able to briefly set things up. NVR is in english, Cameras are Chinese but seem to be fine.

I was able to browse through the Chinese menu and saw Frame Rate and Resolution.

When hooking these systems up, do you adjust the frame rate and resolution on the camera or can I do that on the NVR and it will automatically adjust the camera for you?

Also would anyone know which tab is to change the password on the cam or if theres English Instructions with photos and I can cross reference and jump to the password field.

It looks like all I need to do is change the password and not touch it again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It might be worth trying this in the meantime from @Mel42:
I have been using 5.1.6 on a couple of 2332's for a while with 2~3 line detections enabled with no issues, cuts way down on the false motion detections.
For anyone concerned about playing with the firmware and there cam changing to all chinese dont despair you can easily access
english menu by using: "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")", of coarse this will not work if you brick it!

Make a short cut in IE with "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")" as the URL (I call my short cut "English") when you are at the main login screen
(or if you are already logged in) just click on your "English" short cut, all menus will be in english until you log out.

I have 2 chinese only cams that I have not bothered to upgrade because clicking the button is to easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I think everything is working fine, I dont have Mel42's issue at least not that I notice. Everything thats entered into the NVR is setting in the camera.

I disabled the day or week which was displaying on the OSD in chinese and all looks well.

My only issue now is to either change the password on the camera and if theres a way to disable http direct access, including local area network.

Where it only works and views through the NVR. Is this possible?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's highly recommended to change all your passwords making them alphanumeric on your camera's as well as your NVR, also change you default web port and only port forward that port.

Pro's for using POE on the NVR is the camera's dont sit on you lan only the NVR, if you are using this option then your camera's are safe from the outside world, just the NVR needs protecting which you could limit, the mac addresses that can access you network.

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's highly recommended to change all your passwords making them alphanumeric on your camera's as well as your NVR, also change you default web port and only port forward that port.

Pro's for using POE on the NVR is the camera's dont sit on you lan only the NVR, if you are using this option then your camera's are safe from the outside world, just the NVR needs protecting which you could limit, the mac addresses that can access you network.

I think you may be referring to isolating the system by not connecting a router to the switch, which wont be the case for me, but even without a router, you can still access the cams with their local IPs, even if your only using a POE switch. You just have to physically connect to the network using a cable, rather then the wifi provided by a router ( definitely secured). But with my setup I will eventually connect to a router with public access.

Im trying to avoid creating a vlan and if I can disable local access, I wont need to go the vlan route.

If I change the password I will be a bit more secured but my camera is all Chinese, will eventually find the corresponding menu.

Currently only using a POE switch for testing. NVR and my PC are connected to the switch and accessing the NVR via HTTP/local IP.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I referring to using an NVR with onboard POE, this creates a network isolation to the camera's, rather than a sub vlan within your network.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could you post links to products you ordered? Thanks.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure Oli, I got the 3mp Hik Turret, and the 32ch NVR None POE. The only gripe is the cams were supposed to be in English, and the only problem now is trying to find the change password field. Other then this, they are accepting all the commands sent from the NVR and updating onto the camera, frame rate for example, once adjusted in the NVR, it reflects on the cam, so no problem once I change the password. Also no rebooting issues which another member had.

Seller is also very sincere and maybe someone else dropped the ball on the language mismatch.

Handling time was about 4 days, shipping 3 using DHL, heres the store

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bnIUIejA

Also purchased two 4TB HDD WD40PURX at $165 Each on ebay but from newegg
And Cat6 cable from monoprice via ebay 23awg 1000' solid copper $134 shipped.

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay, good to hear your experiences... one more example of that CSST wholesale market should be avoided (no English UI = is difficult to configure...)

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can access the English menu of the cam by using "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")" at the cameras login screen, all menus will be English until you log out.

Make 2 separate shortcuts, one with the cam address and one with "javascript:chooseLanguage("en")" as the URL. Click on the cam address shortcut which will bring up the main login screen (in Chinese) then click on the Java shortcut, it will change to English, then login as normal and all menus will remain English until you log out.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright good news and to all others facing this issue. Simply use chrome and it does a great job translating almost everything automatically. Plugin to live view is incompatible, so just use it to read menus and live view from FF if needed.

Considering this sellers good prices, fast shipping, and sincerity to help, I still recommend them. Plus now that I have a solid solution, I dont mind this a bit.

Heres a screen shot of the translation. Not bad at all. If it dont translate, refresh /f5 and wait a few seconds.

Attachments

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would like to run this by the experts, the box for the NVR is labeled "79xx", this led me to believe its the same box used for the 8, 16, and 32, and I started questioning if its possible this is an 8ch or 16ch NVR with a 32ch FW and the only way to tell would be in the bandwidth test? Is this possible or has been done before? Is the bandwidth a hardware or a FW limitation? Thanks in advance

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The hardware capability is described in the firmware flash that's written at manufacturing. The firmware reads that to determine some of its operating parameters.
When you are mentioning 'bandwidth', you are presumably using the ''Net Detect' traffic and stats in the HDMI interface.
To see some aspects of the hardware, at telnet prompt, use:
cat /proc/cpuinfo
getHardInfo
free

Reactions: NVR

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, just to make sure I got this right, theres a firmware flash thats read by the firmware? Any chance the 32ch NVR is really an 8ch?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Next time I will be near the system again will be next week, is anyone aware of this ever happening before?

And is there indeed hardware differences between the 3 NVRs. Because if they are all identical hardware wise, I would not care what NVR they used.